Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I'd rather have a DLC which focuses in the current available material, maybe importing some mods (like VIET and AGOT's personal interaction and "Kingsguard" buttons). Well, India has been demanded since the dawn of times. I think they just want to get this out of the way, but it's still pretty cool.

Although I'll be pissed if this is the last DLC.
I can't remember the specifics but I remember the devs mentioning that Sons of Abraham was the first of a second wave of DLCs and they planned on a few more years of DLCs. Old Gods apparently did very very well.

I'm trying to decide whether my current Elder Kings game is an Altmerscrew or a Bosmerwank.

Bosmerwank_or_Altmerscrew.png

Yes, that's a Bosmer mercenary company that the King of Alinor failed to pay.

All the Skyrim all over the place doesn't really count since I'm the human.

I should really try out Elder Kings some time now that I'm a semi-expert on the lore of Tamriel thanks to countless nights on Elder Scrolls Wikia.

By the gods...

I'm thinking CKII really needs a fog-of-war / terra incognita system now. It would be immersion breaking if the King of England could bethroth his daughter to an Indian prince.

Pfff..who needs formalities like bethrothals? First thing that'll happen when this DLC comes out, is that my Viking king will have his raiders sail to India and raid him some Indian princess :D

....and yes, I don't feel the least bit bad about it since this is, you know, simply a game that has no effect on anything in the real world, so no one is hurt.

This is all at once exciting and terrifying. It's gonna take SWMH weeks to update for it, and prolly months to actually fix the new lands into something which matches with Europe.

I know theyve been working on India for awhile, they asked the betas back in November for anyone with historical expertise or research skills to contribute to the expansion.

I had to take a pass, as I know nothing about India in that era beyond what I can Google, but that gives you an idea of how long they work on things before announcing them.
For some reason I thought Sons of Abraham was the last DLC.

I'm so glad they'll continue, and even more glad they're adding India.

Hell no :) Theyve said they'd keep making patches and DLC as long as people were still buying the DLCs; once too many lose interest in the game to finance development it'll obviously stop. However, support so far has been so high that CK2 got a full development lineup up to Q4 2015. Ie, DLC and patches will continue to come out steadily for the next 2 years.

I can't remember the specifics but I remember the devs mentioning that Sons of Abraham was the first of a second wave of DLCs and they planned on a few more years of DLCs. Old Gods apparently did very very well.

They said they were going to do six more after SoA, possibly more depending on the success of those. We've still got a long ways to go.

Hm. Why the Wikia? All wikis have an inherent flaw, but the UESP is, generally speaking, better than the Wikia.

Agreed.

The Imperial Library is also worth checking out.

Wikia happened to be the first thing I came across while looking for ... stuff, and I've pretty much stuck to it. I have done a little reading on UESP and next to none on the Imperial Library. Unwillingness to change mostly. That said, I've done a Skyrim playthrough where I tried to collect and read all books I came across (playing a rather curious Altmer mage who had come to Skyrim to learn - thankfully, that was before I decided to start walking everywhere instead of running. My save game was corrupted some 20 hours in though).

HellHound01

Banned
Damn it, I just want more interaction within the European Courts, and a naval combat system.

Why the fuck are we going to India?

I assume the map expansion will be in the patch, so there's no real way to opt out of it. Well, I'm looking forward to the dev diaries, in any case.

I know theyve been working on India for awhile, they asked the betas back in November for anyone with historical expertise or research skills to contribute to the expansion.

I had to take a pass, as I know nothing about India in that era beyond what I can Google, but that gives you an idea of how long they work on things before announcing them.

Doesn't this violate the NDA betas sign? On the V2 beta they told us not to discuss what's discussed there I thought....

Doesn't this violate the NDA betas sign? On the V2 beta they told us not to discuss what's discussed there I thought....

Whatever, I've been doing betas long enough to know where the line is. If I had leaked early the contents of the next xpack, you'd have a point. Saying I was asked to contribute 3 months ago? Absolutely not. They advise prudence to minimize snafus but the legal boundaries of NDAs are rather narrow, you can talk about being in the beta as long as you don't reveal content.

Finally, I don't really care. I do good work for them for free, and I don't leak secrets; theyre getting a good deal. The only way to actually get in trouble over a NDA is to leak test builds or openly discuss unannounced features.