Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Seems like the Indian provinces are going to be similar to the EUIV India, which I am ambivalent about (EUIV has no way to get only Goa, and the coast is split into weird blocks of land, which is not historical).

I look forward to playing the Tamils. Or maybe a Nestorian Cochin-goes-Tamil, fighting against the Muslims.

320 for my custom House of Oxford, Cathar rulers of the Empire of Britain. Is a bit of a problem since they've managed to work their way into a large number of duke and count positions, meaning I can't murder them without risking the Kinslayer trait.

320 for my custom House of Oxford, Cathar rulers of the Empire of Britain. Is a bit of a problem since they've managed to work their way into a large number of duke and count positions, meaning I can't murder them without risking the Kinslayer trait.

That's a good thing, I think, it increases dynasty prestige, which increases your character's prestige. I actually make a point of enfeoffing as many scions of my house as possible, while ensuring title merges don't occur outside the main line (empire wide agnatic succession does wonders for this btw).

So, I started a game as a ruler designed Greyjoy as Count of Mann and worked my way to be King of Ireland in the Old Gods start date (not without cheats). However, I'm having a huge problem with raiding. How am I supposed to imprison people? It's 907 already and I have captured no one, no one at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I'm playing VIET.

It's luck, mostly. I presume assaulting larger families increases the chances of gaining a prisoner. Basically, scout out your targets ahead of time, and make certain to target the families with lots of young, nubile women.

It's luck, mostly. I presume assaulting larger families increases the chances of gaining a prisoner. Basically, scout out your targets ahead of time, and make certain to target the families with lots of young, nubile women.

During my ongoing playthrough as the Tulunids I captured a lot of prisoners during my many wars against the Abbassids/Nubians/Abyssinians/Rebel Lords/Heathens. Needless to say all those ransoms helped a lot when the Jews wouldn't lend me anymore money:p

As a matter of fact I once held the entire family of the King of Galicia in my dungeons (wife, son and a daughter) while the king itself was in Bordeaux with the Francian doomstack.

In the same playthrough I at one time had almost half of my vassals in my dungeons after a particularly bad revolt. In hindsight I should've had revoked their titles and redistributed among my many sons to stem the dynastic decadence/

EDIT: Also, did anyone else has come across with a possessed Pope?

Last edited:
During my ongoing playthrough as the Tulunids I captured a lot of prisoners during my many wars against the Abbassids/Nubians/Abyssinians/Rebel Lords/Heathens. Needless to say all those ransoms helped a lot when the Jews wouldn't lend me anymore money:p

As a matter of fact I once held the entire family of the King of Galicia in my dungeons (wife, son and a daughter) while the king itself was in Bordeaux with the Francian doomstack.

In the same playthrough I at one time had almost half of my vassals in my dungeons after a particularly bad revolt. In hindsight I should've had revoked their titles and redistributed among my many sons to stem the dynastic decadence/

EDIT: Also, did anyone else has come across with a possessed Pope?

Oh, yes. Such amusingness.

Good old Duke Aldaberto of Tuscany. He had 18 children with 6 different woman, only two weren't his wife and one was a Duke's wife.

Good old Duke Aldaberto of Tuscany. He had 18 children with 6 different woman, only two weren't his wife and one was a Duke's wife.

Now that's a guy who knows how to enjoy life:p My old Shaybad don't hold a candle to this guy even with his four wives and lustful trait...

Also, did anyone here ever managed to reform a Pagan religion?

Now that's a guy who knows how to enjoy life:p My old Shaybad don't hold a candle to this guy even with his four wives and lustful trait...

Also, did anyone here ever managed to reform a Pagan religion?

He had grandchildren and great grand children! He had children the same age as his grandchildren!!! Though I also like the guy for his character, he was only a youth when his Father the Duke of Tuscany died (ten days in) and his Uncle seized the Duchy from him forcing him into a single province. From there he bided his time and supported his younger brother when he seized the Duchy as also a child, and he was deeply scarred for having to murder his own brother so he had a family complex in that he had many children as possible and never killed any and made sure those who tried to kill each other were punished and those who weren't his family who tried to kill or seize from his family were murdered brutally or overthrown with Italy's autonomous vassal law. Of course eventually he conquered all of the Kiingdom of Italy from his one province so he could give them all something to rule! Though of course he was under the Emperor of Francia and became increasingly bitter when the Emperor and other nobles tried to take titles away from him or his children so he instilled in his heir and grandson Hiddelbert a desire to break from Francia which so far he managed to become the King of Italy! Still under Francia but only for so long...

Sure. I just had to start a few years after the Mongol Start Date...then invade Pest as the as the Golden Horde with a whooping stack of 101.5 Thousand!!!!!

I'm thinking of trying a much harder path.

Also, I suppose I should get the EU3 Converter?

With my current playthrough's first character, the first of her grandchildren became adults at the same time as her last child. As things are, she has an excellent set of heiresses including several geniuses- but she looks like she'll live another 30 years or more. I can only hope that her great-grandchildren have decent stats and names...