• Nazi Germany

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Holy Roman Empire

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Draka Empire

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
ConfederateFly said:
What ships would the Confederate Navy consist of from 1862(the end of the ACW)-1893(Confederate-Nicragugian War where the pro-confederate goverment is attacked by Nicragugian rebels, Costa Rica, and Guatemala)? Describe the ship types and what they look like? Also there leaders?

One possibility:
The confereeracy realizes that a Union blockade could have serious consequences, and focusses on coast defence ships-and submarines as they evolve. In addition, unless they are regulated by some sort of disarmamnet treaty, river forces will reach a level never seen in OTL, considering the rivers available.
Also look to extensive mine warfare coming up.
There would also be commerce raiders, but I'd be truely surprised if they can manage a true battlefleet. On the other hand, the North may well be building a new navy. The ships called, in OTL, "Dreadnoughts," may well be called "Vermonts"

What would they have by 1893 in Confederate-Nicragugian War? What types(iron hulled, ironclads-seagoing and coastal, Coastal Police, and Confederate Merchant Marine)?

What would they have by 1893 in Confederate-Nicragugian War? What types(iron hulled, ironclads-seagoing and coastal, Coastal Police, and Confederate Merchant Marine)?

Grey Wolf

Donor
Brazil at best or Chile

ConfederateFly said:

You have to remember that at this time the USA did not have all that much of a navy and what it did have was either geared to coast defence or long distance sailing with an exploratory basis

I don't think the CSA is going to have anything better

At best it will be like Brazil or Chile with a couple of small but modernish ironclads, a few cruiser type vessels and an assortment of gunboats and sloops.

Its not goiing to fight a major battle against anyone, but shouild be enough for coastal defence and power projection against a weak enemy, such as Nicaragua - but why fight them ???

Grey Wolf

B/C Confederate Filibuster Rochambeau( of the Louisianan Zouave fame) Successfully took over Nicragugua and In 1893 the Pro-Confederate Nicragugua was invaded by El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Nicrguguian rebels. The Confederacy decides to protect its investment and sends troops. Now what would the Wars outcome be, and what part would the Confederate Army and Navy were involved?

Last edited by a moderator:
ConfederateFly said:
B/C Confederate Filibuster Rochambeau( of the Louisianan Zouave fame) Successfully took over Nicragugua and In 1893 the Pro-Confederate Nicragugua was invaded by El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Nicrguguian rebels. The Confederacy decides to protect its investment and sends troops. Now what would the Wars outcome be, and what part would the Confederate Army and Navy were involved?

you same to be having a problem with double posting

ConfederateFly said:

If you are going to double post you should at least get the spelling correct the second time around.

That's Nicaraguian.

why they hell does the Confederacy want a prodominetly non-white territory? it doesn't make sense.

When it is taken over they reintroduce slavery and Confederate Citzens move there and excess blacks in both the C.S.A. and Nicargugua to Africa.

They wouldn't do that any more than the United States would ship all the freed slaves to Liberia. Slavery was critical to the southern economy, as without slaves, you'd have poor whites doing plantation labor, and there's the real possibility of revolution there when they realize that they're in the exact same spot that the slaves were before they were removed.

Confed, not to burst your bubble or anything but the CSA will not want a territory like Nicaragua (notice the spelling: one 'g'). There's A) no substantial natural resources to be gained, B) no monetary profit (the CSA probably wouldn't have had the industrial capacity to build a canal like the Panama Canal), and C) the rest of the world isn't going to stand for it, especially considering they're introducing slavery (check the 'Monroe Doctrine', which probably would have been modified to include interference by the CSA).

I think that your writings and ideas are lacking two things. One, I think you have to do more research into why (or why not) something could happen (this includes all the socio-economic patterns of the time). Two, I think you need to think more about what would ACTUALLY happen, not what you'd want to happen in order to have the most powerful CSA possible, disregarding the responses of other nations. Europe and the United States are not simply going to roll over and allow the CSA to do as they please, especially when they are the aggressor.

Straha

Banned
thats why I have the CSA lost cuba,puerto rico,the yucatan and most of northern mexico to revolts.

but why would they want them in the first place? I mean they don't want to expand the slave trade as it could have negative effects on their economy. Their isn't any valuable or rich land in those areas. And if their were why would the US allow them to take them, you wold think they would be gunning for revenge and see this as a excuse.