Command and Conquer: Your Favorite Factions and Strategies Thread

Inspired by a couple of PMs with alt_historian...

So just what is/are your favorite faction/s in the entire C&C series, and what are your favorite strategies and tactics when you play as such faction/s?

For me, in C&C Generals, its China. A superb faction for folks who love turtling, especially if its played in maps with tight chokepoints easily sealable by Gatling Gun emplacements and nuclear artilleries.

Hm...
I like the original Allies, in RA1, quite a lot.
Good guys? Led by a German? And a Greek?
In a WW2-analogue? With the USA not joining in towards the end?
And being most similar to the Brotherhood in technology (Mammoth Tank: Soviet and GDI, Artillery: Allied and Nod), in regards to TD. Of course, the Tesla technology is tempting, but...

Of course, that only applies for RA1.
For RA2, the Soviets are the better.
Airships! Tesla things! Terror Drones! Squids!

Seconded.

Me, I like the Brotherhood, as they are the ultimate evil: Nazis, Commies and Islamonazis all in one! (And Oksana's cute...)
With the 'wierd occult ideas' of the Nazis taken even further, and with an even more religious aspect to the veneration for the Leader.

Kane lives in Death! Kane lives in Death!

Kane... lives!

With the 'wierd occult ideas' of the Nazis taken even further, and with an even more religious aspect to the veneration for the Leader.

Kane lives in Death! Kane lives in Death!

Kane... lives!

"One Vision. One Purpose."

"The Technology of Peace!"

"In the Name of Kane."

"Kane Lives in Death!"

"In the Name of Kane!"

"KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!"

You can't kill the Messiah...

EDIT: Is there a Nazi Victory story around somewhere in which Hitler actually becomes a god in the eyes of his people?

Krall

Banned
I've only ever played one CoC game, the original Red Alert. I can't play it any more, because you need Windows 98.

Not Windows 98 or above, just Windows 98, no more no less, or it won't work. Apparently, my computer's too good for Red Alert.

But anyway. I once built a line of Fireball towers [I forget what they're called, the towers you get quite early on that shoot fireballs, pwns infantry, is pwned by tanks] straight into my enemy's base, where the towers actually destroyed his other buildings!

I think it was really early on in the game though. Heck, it HAS to have been really early on in the game! I never got all that far.

I always got stuck on the one where you had to take the island in the middle of the lake [as the USSR]. I always managed to build up a massive force, put them all on naval transports, then have them all get shot to pieces when they landed, and once you lose the mobile construction yard, you just cannot take the island no matter what.

Am I the only one to think it kriffed up that EA cut the Soviet cut scenes in RA1 in the C&C megabox with all the games? Was that just to lower the age rating, or what?

:mad::mad::mad:

The missions in Red Alert were basically impossible. I'm still surprised I beat them all. Some took about 10 tries to complete.

Am I the only one to think it kriffed up that EA cut the Soviet cut scenes in RA1 in the C&C megabox with all the games? Was that just to lower the age rating, or what?

:mad::mad::mad:
It was a bug.
After one person had released a fix that was very, very small and easy to install, they released a patch, too.
It worked about the same, but was much, much bigger.

You cannot kill the Mesiah!

TibSun era NOD. TibWar was lame. No cyborgs? Suicide bombers? Mythical worship of Tiberium? (Number 6 is hot but lame NOD is lame NOD)