Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated 1789 to reflect the Repnin Sejm of 1767-1768, which resulted in the vassalization/client state/protectorate status of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth to the Russian Empire.

1789j.png

Suggested revisions

Here's the USA timeseries with dates. I wasn't sure what to do with the civil war, so I just omitted the occupation lines.

EDIT: fixed 1865-04-09

It's not easy to tell, but the borders of Utah territoy changed one more way than you have indicate, an Iaho Territory is slightly off as a result:
Utah_Territory_evolution_animation_-_August_2011.gif

Wpdms_idaho_territory_1864_legend_idx.png

Can we get a General Map of the world around the time of the first civilizations? Around the period of 4000-3000 BCE? Preferably around 3500 BCE

Here's a question: why don't we show the various First Nations and other Native groups in the US and Canada during the 1800s? Surely at least some of them were as organised as the Central American guerillas that we do show?

Here's a question: why don't we show the various First Nations and other Native groups in the US and Canada during the 1800s? Surely at least some of them were as organised as the Central American guerillas that we do show?

With some exceptions most Tribes were'nt organized into large state-entities, but rather as either independent tribes or alliances of some.

Well shouldn't we show those exceptions?

How? should we use an all gray, white with grey borders or have a distinct "Native American" color? Do we use the same standard on older "tribal" maps of early middle ages/antique Europe? Which groups or tribes do we represent in each case (I think we can use the ancient geography database for elder Europe, but do we ave a "Native american" list? Do we need to do a similar job for Native America to what Wolf Brother did for pre-colonialist Africa?)

Let's say we do.
Step one: Who knows Native History enough to write at least a list of tribes?

How? should we use an all gray, white with grey borders or have a distinct "Native American" color? Do we use the same standard on older "tribal" maps of early middle ages/antique Europe? Which groups or tribes do we represent in each case (I think we can use the ancient geography database for elder Europe, but do we ave a "Native american" list? Do we need to do a similar job for Native America to what Wolf Brother did for pre-colonialist Africa?)

Let's say we do.
Step one: Who knows Native History enough to write at least a list of tribes?

I would vote for the grey once the territory is claimed, but I'll be open for it to be discussed.

Have maps for 1838 or 1870 been done yet?

I only ask since I've myself stopped working on them, and if they have'nt been done feel I should post what I have done for others to work from in completing them.

Alright then, here's 1838;

Note the areas I primarily did work on were the America's, Central Asia and South Africa, so the whole thing is not complete, it's also on older versions of the Basemap;

1838.png

Incidentally I do plan on completing the 1885 map, since all I have left to do is half of Asia and West Africa.

This is just my opinion.

I notice that on 1870 Italy is still of the Piedmontese color, which I approve, but I think it should have an italian brown outline, also extending to the irredentist claims on Trento and Trieste. Also, the South should be stripped in the Two-Sicilian color from 1861 to 1870. I'd switch to full Italian color after WW1, or, to be more extreme, after 1922.
On the 1838, Tuscany, Parma and Modena should be austrian puppets IIRC.
Prussia should switch from blue to grey after 1871.

This is just my opinion.

I notice that on 1870 Italy is still of the Piedmontese color, which I approve, but I think it should have an italian brown outline, also extending to the irredentist claims on Trento and Trieste. Also, the South should be stripped in the Two-Sicilian color from 1861 to 1870. I'd switch to full Italian color after WW1, or, to be more extreme, after 1922.
On the 1838, Tuscany, Parma and Modena should be austrian puppets IIRC.
Prussia should switch from blue to grey after 1871.

It's using the GCS, so Sardinia-Piedmont and Italy both have the same color (being direct successor.predecessor).

Anyways, as I said only parts of both maps were done before I just quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.