Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

Warhammer 40,000: USSR chic comes back into fashion later this millennium.

Xeelee Sequence: Humans greatly suffer due to climate change and the free market gone wrong probably into the 22nd century.

San Andreas (2015) '

Most powerful earthquake ever recorded, the San Francisco bay area gets destroyed by a tidal wave and becomes an island. thousands are dead California and its major cities are in ruins . Also a device got invented to detect earthquakes before they happen

Aftermath

What happens after the second nuclear war in A Canticle for Leibowitz? As I recall it's implied that not much survived. Still, the idea that humans are doomed to repeat civilization cycles is interesting. It would be neat if a technological civilization rose again (assuming none of the offworld colonies interfered).

Just discovered this little piece from the former Yugoslavia. The pseudo-documentary Houston, We Have a Problem! (HBO-Europe) allegedly tells the tale that Yugoslavia created its own space program in 1948, beat the U.S. into space in 1960, and promptly sold it to the U.S. in 1962.

See:

San Andreas (2015) '

Most powerful earthquake ever recorded, the San Francisco bay area gets destroyed by a tidal wave and becomes an island. thousands are dead California and its major cities are in ruins . Also a device got invented to detect earthquakes before they happen

Aftermath
i guest hundreths of thousands; the bigt tsunami htis many of the survivors; so don´t expect too many survivors

Alright, don't ask me where this came from, but, here is Marilyn Monroe: Zombie Hunter, you heard it here first:

Well, considering that at this point being a fan of Marilyn Monroe borders on necrophilia, it is even ironic that it is a corpse who is dedicated to hunting zombies. (I'm also surprised no one has tried to make 40K's Corpse Emperor Marilyn.)

I've been finishing the Science Adventure series of visual novels after playing through Steins;Gate and its sequel several years ago. Even if you took the conspiracy theory and weird science bits out of the premise, having a series of Carrington Event-tier solar storms in two decades (the 2000s and 2010s) and a Great Kanto Earthquake re-do with its epicenter in Shibuya in 2009 would be one hell of a trip, even if all said events were completely natural and no shadowy cabals were involved.

In fact, aside from mentions of rioting, in Japan and the United States both, the series probably underestimated the impact of such a crisis.