A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

1. Form a new Parliament as SFSRs doesn’t have one besides Supreme Soviet that doesn’t represent its interests following current elections. Call all parties to participate within it including Communist party. We cannot have functioning democracy based on a President alone.
2. Begin talks about formation of new government.
3. Take over communication systems
4. Make sure that all security forces with SFSRs (police, military) answer to New government.
Begin census of state property within SFSR to prepare for gradual denationalization of economy.
5. Cut military budget from SFSRs
6. Redirect funds to production of consumer goods and maintain Welfare programs of USSR (we still use central planing and we don’t want to rush the transition, so we should maintain sense of normality for now).
7. Begin talks with other republics and Soviet government about formation of New Union.
I like these, 1, 2, 7 are good together, 3 I had too, 4 is essential. 5 & 6 makes sense together. I only miss a crackdown on corruption.

I'd say steal the best from A, but move to support C.

First the expenses need to be in balance, which means defunding the conscipt army and the idiotic fleet of vehicles like tanks (sell them asap to Africa, South America and some areas of APAC). Give e.g. T-54/55 away for free should you have to, just make sure they pay for the transport. The conscipt army isn't popular anyway.

Then we need to invest in areas of growth, consumer good, robotics and IT. We need more houses, with more living space. Make sure to control the media, we need the narrative to help us. Privatisation goes by selling to common Russians, not corporations. Work with bond system for 65%, have the rest in the open market with a maximum owned of 15% per party.

But foremost, absolutely kill the black market and corruption.
Same vote as @dunHozzie

I like these, 1, 2, 7 are good together, 3 I had too, 4 is essential. 5 & 6 makes sense together. I only miss a crackdown on corruption.
Added it under 9. Sorry that i erased my post, i wanted to merge it in my previous vote.

Last edited:
Election results infobox
@panpiotr

1697927341159.png

Last edited:
Also not to forget, but implement Agricultural reforms based on Chinese system. We cannot have collectives and state run farms anymore, we need to give land to the people.

1. Following the sensational victory in the presidential election, the President-elect must address the complicated political situation in the USSR.
A) Support Mikhail Gorbachev and his attempts in reforming the USSR;
B) Support the hardliners and their attempts in preserving the old Soviet political system;
C) Ignore both factions, and build your own faction within Russian SFSR.
C.
At this point, there is no future in the USSR, and trying to keep it around is a detriment.
As for reforms:
  1. The thing we absolutely need to do is improve our economics to smooth over the transition to a market system. USSR being on its way out kinda torpedoes many plans, sure, but there are things we can do. Shock therapy is a good idea in practice, but this doesn't mean it will work for us. Maybe a more gradual approach is required. We can't just give up on our people, we need to keep some of the positive aspects of the Soviet system in place.
  2. On that note, we need to maintain some sort of a link with former SSRs - not by clinging on the USSR or trying to reform it, but through a brand new structure which will respect independence of its members.
  3. And yes, we have to have an army that is loyal to our new government first and foremost.
  4. In regards to media, a free democratic state doesn't need the whole state media machine USSR had. There could very well be room for public media which would be free of bias, though. Say, privatize the Petersburg studio and keep the one in Ostankino as the basis for a Russian BBC, so to speak. Not immediately, sure.
  5. Corruption is something we need to address. Investigate, combat, everything.
  6. In our new legal codes, we need to close the loopholes that would allow pyramid schemes to proliferate. Why? Well, wouldn't you want to keep the nation safe from financial predators?
  7. Embark on a program to minimize the Soviet footprint on naming places, towns, streets etc. Names that sound neutral (i. e. Volgograd) can stay, but all kinds of Lenin Streets, Soviet Squares and the rest will have to go.
  8. Start drafting our new Constitution which will grant our citizens all fundamental rights and outline executive, legislative and judicial branches. For example, limit prsidential terms to two per person, as Americans do.
Long term, it would be a good idea to reverse all the brain drain going on. Reach out to immigration, let them see we've changed, maybe some will come back.

Last edited:
1. Following the sensational victory in the presidential election, the President-elect must address the complicated political situation in the USSR.
C) Gorbachev has caused the Collapse of the Soviet Union by allowing unpopular reforms, so it's best to create our own faction... maybe invite Grigory Yavlinsky into our faction...?
2. Please write down, which reforms and new laws could be implemented and enacted by Svyatoslav Fyodorov to deal with multiple economic, political and social problems prevailing in Russian SFSR?
A mix of @Kriss' and @Screwhorn77's plan.

Sorry for double posting but I was thinking of we should try to keep our relationship with the US on a neutral level but a bit of a positive.

Last edited:
B) Support the hardliners and their attempts in preserving the old Soviet political system;
C) I believe comrade Gorbachev means well but he's had his chance. As for the hardliners, well they're the reason we're in the state we're in.
2. Please write down, which reforms and new laws could be implemented and enacted by Svyatoslav Fyodorov to deal with multiple economic, political and social problems prevailing in Russian SFSR?
A combination of @Kriss and @Screwhorn77 plans.

1. C) If Fyodorov knows anything about Childbirth from working in the medical system, the cord will have to be cut eventually. A new Russian state is going to be birthed regardless. It's now or never.
2. A combination of plans from Kriss and Screwhorn will likely be the best option.

1.Support Mikhail Gorbachev in his attempts to reforme the USSR
2 .combination of Kriss and Screwhorn77 plans.