Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Raul Julia doesn't die from cancer.

I think of Julia as like Nicholas Cage: his greatest talent is livening up terrible movies with over-the-top performances while still being a fairly good actor as shown by his portrayal of Chico Mendes in The Burning Season. The most obvious example was him playing M. "But for me, it was Tuesday" Bison in Street Fighter. But he also manages to liven up the forgettable comedy Moon Over Parador as a crooked advisor to a tinpot dictator.

"YOU WILL DO IT!"
Maybe he would have returned for a sequel? There's a post-credits scene foreshadowing Bison's return iirc.

I've got one in question, which is Heath Ledger not succumbing to an accidental overdose of sleeping pills.

Would he have won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight had he lived than posthumously in our timeline? There's a lot of potential for that.

Maybe he would have returned for a sequel? There's a post-credits scene foreshadowing Bison's return iirc.

I don't know. Julia is regarded as the only genuinely good part of the movie, so it is doubtful there would've been an immediate sequel.

If the studios got so desperate for reboot money, they would bring him back as Bison in the movie.

And if you think they wouldn't reboot that, they did reboot both Monsters and Footloose, two movies that weren't exactly highbrow.

I've got one in question, which is Heath Ledger not succumbing to an accidental overdose of sleeping pills.

Would he have won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight had he lived than posthumously in our timeline? There's a lot of potential for that.

That's a good question.

The good news is that had he not overdosed, his Joker would've appeared in the Dark Knight Rises. Can you imagine Bane and Joker together? Talk about an odd couple.

I don't know. Julia is regarded as the only genuinely good part of the movie, so it is doubtful there would've been an immediate sequel.

If the studios got so desperate for reboot money, they would bring him back as Bison in the movie.

And if you think they wouldn't reboot that, they did reboot both Monsters and Footloose, two movies that weren't exactly highbrow.
I did some research and found that a sequel was in development circa 2003. Van Damme was set to come back, but I'm not sure about other cast members.

There is one thing I wish Hollywood would do more often: embrace anime, since it's been practically mainstream in America for roughly 30 or so years.

I read that Vincent D'Onofrio, the actor who played Gomer Pyle, almost played Arceus in the Pokemon Jewel of Life movie. I was mildly disappointed when he didn't do the part, but I wish American film studios would do more to embrace anime and maybe give it more recognition on the big screen.

@Tsar Nicholas The Cringe
One Piece is like the only thing that does it right, everything else I see aside from dubs are shitty live action movies or get "jelly donut"-ifed

....I mean, at least Dragonball Evolution inspired the dragon ball creator to revive the franchise so thats's nice.

Littlest Pet Shop (2012) runs for 8 seasons instead of 4, and the series finale airs in May 2020, around the same time MLP: FIM ended.
It was also dubbed in Japanese for Nickelodeon Japan (which still exists) in 2015.
Littlest Pet Shop: A World of Our Own is never created.

@Tsar Nicholas The Cringe I meant the recent live action show on Netflix

maybe it's good because the creators actually love and respect the source material as opposed to "modernizing" it.

(Man, William Dafoe as Ryuk was so good why did everything else suck so bad)

I believe he meant the Netflix live action series.
YES, OP gold and RED
@Tsar Nicholas The Cringe I meant the recent live action show on Netflix

maybe it's good because the creators actually love and respect the source material as opposed to "modernizing" it.

(Man, William Dafoe as Ryuk was so good why did everything else suck so bad)

I just looked at up, and it actually has decent reception.

This proves there are no bad ideas, just bad execution.

Raul Julia doesn't die from cancer.

I think of Julia as like Nicholas Cage: his greatest talent is livening up terrible movies with over-the-top performances while still being a fairly good actor as shown by his portrayal of Chico Mendes in The Burning Season. The most obvious example was him playing M. "But for me, it was Tuesday" Bison in Street Fighter. But he also manages to liven up the forgettable comedy Moon Over Parador as a crooked advisor to a tinpot dictator.

"YOU WILL DO IT!"
He is one of my absolute favorites.