WI No Yamato people?

What if the ancestors of the Japanese never colonise Japan?
The islands get left for the Ainu, the Emishi and whatever other pre-Japanese groups there may be.

I guess some Koreans are bound to show up sooner or later (but then that it sort of covered by the POD, the Koreans being believed to be a big part of the early Japanese make up along with the Shanghaiese) but lets not have that happen until the second millenium AD at least.
How will this 'super Taiwan' develop?

I've considered doing a timeline of this for my first TL, so any ideas proposed here will certainly help.
You mean no contact at all, or are missionaries/ambassadors from Korea and China alright?

So, basically, Jomon without the Ainu?

Also, thos definitely isn't super Taiwan - the people of Taiwan were Austronesian, while those of Japan came partially from Korea and significantly from the SE Asian mainland, if genetics are any indicator

So, basically, Jomon without the Ainu?

Also, thos definitely isn't super Taiwan - the people of Taiwan were Austronesian, while those of Japan came partially from Korea and significantly from the SE Asian mainland, if genetics are any indicator

In terms of how they lived however, it was more akin to Taiwan then the more settled countries

Depending upon the time period we're discussing, it was physically attached to Korea, and there are Jomon sites on the peninsula, too...