WI: No Comintern Support for Kuomintang

Well, what if the USSR didn't supply arms to the Kuomintang in the early 1920s for whatever reason?

might have a serious impact on weather or not the japanese attack perl harbor or not.. delaying american entrance into the war

but the question remains if the russians are not selling military hardware to them .. wouldnt someone else pick up the slack forcing a bit of an idiological swing for the red chinese? if there is a market for weopons to be sold.. someone is usually willing to supply them.. for the last 50 years it has been either america or the russians.. but i would be willing to wager someone would fill in.

You could also wind up with a two chinese state

Maybe the Nazi's support them during the mid to late 30's? causing the chinese to turn more nationalist or facist.. and then the Japanese and and germans never form an alliance.. but the germans and chinese complete an axis.. would make for a possible different barbarosa.. depends on when and where things happen i guess

Faeelin

Banned
but the question remains if the russians are not selling military hardware to them .. wouldnt someone else pick up the slack forcing a bit of an idiological swing for the red chinese? if there is a market for weopons to be sold.. someone is usually willing to supply them.. for the last 50 years it has been either america or the russians.. but i would be willing to wager someone would fill in.

The thing to remember is that this is the Warlord era in China, when different generalissimos have carved their own states out of China. I don't see any reason for people to back the CCP & GMD when the warlords have money available.

Maybe the Nazi's support them during the mid to late 30's? causing the chinese to turn more nationalist or facist.. and then the Japanese and and germans never form an alliance.. but the germans and chinese complete an axis.. would make for a possible different barbarosa.. depends on when and where things happen i guess

Actually, this happened OTL.

i was hoping to avoid the warlordism part.. but i do agree that they were strongly entrenched which is why things were so messy in our time...

i personally think the japanese would carve a very large chunk of china out for its own empire.. and make a puppet state/s out of what was left over.. that seems to be the only logical conclusion unless the west really sells massive amounts of military aid to china