WI Hitler’s Ardennes Offensive was successful

Germany was trying to recapture Antwerp during the Battle of the Bulge. What would have happened if they did? I'll post my thought s later...working on "Benidict Arnold-Father of his Nation" in writer's forum....

All the Jews die. Russia and the Western Allies meet at the Rhine in 1946. The Cold War gets more obnoxious and drags on longer, as Russia has more resources to plunder.

Proctol

Banned
To annihilate the 2nd Army, cross the Meuse, beat Horrock's 5 elite armoured divisions who were praying to have a chance to fight Waterloo II outside of Brussels, overcome the Anglo-Canadians defending Antwerp, all the while being bludgeoned by 1st & 3rd Army & from the air, the Germans would have required 3 times their forces of OTL ie 1 million men, 2400 tanks and 3000 aircraft, & plenty of fuel!

To have chosen Manteuffel's and Manstein's "Small Option" of surprising and destroying 1st or 3rd Armies or decimating 21 Army Corps,
and then quickly withdrawing, was the best the Germans could be expected to achieve with the available forces: Fur Volk und Vaterland glentzen beshtanden!

Last edited:
Actually, think Rundstedt said it best:

Antwerpt? If we should reach the Meuse we should go down on our knees and thank God!

I'm not real familiar with the details of operation "Nordwind", but what effect(s) would a successful operation in the Ardennes have on this. I am aware that Nordwind almost succeeded in splitting the French from the Allies in the political sense(over Strasbourg), if it had succeeded operationally it may well have done just that. So perhaps this AH is a little more complicated?

Proctol said:
To annihilate the 2nd Army, cross the Meuse, beat Horrock's 5 elite armoured divisions who were praying to have a chance to fight Waterloo II outside of Brussels, overcome the Anglo-Canadians defending Antwerp, all the while being bludgeoned by 1st & 3rd Army & from the air, the Germans would have required 3 times their forces of OTL ie 1 million men, 2400 tanks and 3000 aircraft, & plenty of fuel!

To have chosen Manteuffel's and Manstein's "Small Option" of surprising and destroying 1st or 3rd Armies or decimating 21 Army Corps,
and then quickly withdrawing, was the best the Germans could be expected to achieve with the available forces:[/I]

Proctol, thanks for posting some facts on the Bulge.
Here´s again ww2s most overrated battle. I really don´t get it why so many people always think that germany could have achieved a real success with a plan which essentially called for the other side to provide the logistics.

Proctol said:
Fur Volk und Vaterland glentzen beshtanden:

What shall this mean? It bears some resemblance to german, but doesn´t really makes sense.