Votes: 59 24.0%
  • Soviet

Votes: 42 17.1%
  • Balkanized

Votes: 49 19.9%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
soviet if for no other reason than because they had the guts to try something completely new with their country. And I like the symbolism.

I'd like a liberal Tsarist Russia-wank with extra cheese hold the pickles. :p

Seriously though, I like the idea of the Russian Empire gradually liberalizing and becoming like a far larger but slightly more conservative UK with the Duma dominating everything and the Tsar running around doing ribbon cutting ceremonies and the like. Of course, as a Polan-phile (probably got that word wrong but whatever), I'd want them to eventually give up their Polish areas. They would be compensated with Xinjiang, Mongolia, Manchuria, and some random Pacific islands. But anyway, I'm going to stop now before this turns into "my ideal alternate world."

What type of Russia is filled with tough as nails, furry hat wearing, SOBs with vodka running through their veins?:D Also which one has the most influental Cossacks? I like Cossacks!

One that both gels with the general feel of the story and is likewise a plausible product of the story's butterflies.

So any of the above, depending.

Even better: have Nicholas I die during the Russian campaigns in the Napoleonic Wars. Although this would butterfly Alexander II as we know it, the Decembrist Revolution would succeed. On second thought, Once Upon a December has included this portion already.

I voted Republican.

That's if we're talking "real life" humanitarian perspective.

For fictional consideration, i.e., I can read about it and/or watch it and not need worry about being ISOT'd into it, well, Soviet Russia, it votes for me. Honorable mention goes to "other," that is, the cannibalism-practicing devil-worshipping realm of the Peacock Throne in the book Peshawar Lancers.

My first choice (which I decided not to vote for) is illustrated below,

big liebowski.JPG

I'd like a liberal Tsarist Russia-wank with extra cheese hold the pickles. :p

Seriously though, I like the idea of the Russian Empire gradually liberalizing and becoming like a far larger but slightly more conservative UK with the Duma dominating everything and the Tsar running around doing ribbon cutting ceremonies and the like. Of course, as a Polan-phile (probably got that word wrong but whatever), I'd want them to eventually give up their Polish areas. They would be compensated with Xinjiang, Mongolia, Manchuria, and some random Pacific islands. But anyway, I'm going to stop now before this turns into "my ideal alternate world."

What type of Russia is filled with tough as nails, furry hat wearing, SOBs with vodka running through their veins?:D Also which one has the most influental Cossacks? I like Cossacks!

You know, I think there's some overlap here.

But, yeah, remember the Jewish Cossacks!

If you can get something like as mentioned in the above-quoted with numerous Jewish Cossacks, I think I would like that.

Attachments

• The Jewish Cossack.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 363
Last edited: