WCW: From the Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
But maybe I still got just enough magic to turn things around and to keep WCW from death's door. At least keep it going long enough to make it sellable once the merger happens.
Sorry to rain on your parade but...after reading about the death of WCW and an AMA long ago, the true Value of WCW wasn't the company itself..but the slot Turner always give to the southern-based NWA/JCP/WCW companies, the Sunday slot that evolved into Nitro. Once the merger happened, the new executives took advantage to kill everything, as they considered wrestling inferior entertainment. If you want WCW to live, you need to kill the merger any way possible. Turner needs to still have a say in his own company

Sorry to rain on your parade but...after reading about the death of WCW and an AMA long ago, the true Value of WCW wasn't the company itself..but the slot Turner always give to the southern-based NWA/JCP/WCW companies, the Sunday slot that evolved into Nitro. Once the merger happened, the new executives took advantage to kill everything, as they considered wrestling inferior entertainment. If you want WCW to live, you need to kill the merger any way possible. Turner needs to still have a say in his own company
Well that is doable, all Time Warner and Ted Turner have to do is convince AOL to show them everything in the due diligence period. The sheer fraud will kill the deal.

Well that is doable, all Time Warner and Ted Turner have to do is convince AOL to show them everything in the due diligence period. The sheer fraud will kill the deal.
If the dotcom bubble explode earlier would help a lot, Maybe Kill AOL before even the merger starter too(hardly a loss). So maybe that is a residual POD? the dotcom bubble bursting up earlier?

At this point, I'm more than aware that when the merger comes, the new owners aren't gonna want WCW. Having read the Nitro book, I actually understand Kellner's strategy for TNT going forward to try to give it a stable identity. My goal isn't so much to have AOL keep WCW, but to keep the show profitable enough that someone will swoop in and take it when it goes up for sale. Ya know, that isn't Vince.

The funny thing is, TNT honestly ended up suffering for years after Nitro got cancelled since nothing they put on in place of it got anywhere.

Man, one month in and you've already booked the LWO stronger than irl WCW ever did.

I don't mind Bret ending the Streak, it just makes too much sense to put the belt on him and now Goldberg can rebuild for a (hopefully more successful) second reign.

At this point, I'm more than aware that when the merger comes, the new owners aren't gonna want WCW. Having read the Nitro book, I actually understand Kellner's strategy for TNT going forward to try to give it a stable identity. My goal isn't so much to have AOL keep WCW, but to keep the show profitable enough that someone will swoop in and take it when it goes up for sale. Ya know, that isn't Vince.

The funny thing is, TNT honestly ended up suffering for years after Nitro got cancelled since nothing they put on in place of it got anywhere.
The thing is people only wanted WCW because his TNT slot,any value was linked to say slot, but there could be an ironical savior.. universal. OTL they just lost raw,why not buy WCW? Of course that lock up USA network forever to WWF too

The thing is people only wanted WCW because his TNT slot,any value was linked to say slot, but there could be an ironical savior.. universal. OTL they just lost raw,why not buy WCW? Of course that lock up USA network forever to WWF too

I mean, if all goes to plan, then there's not gonna be an Impact, so I'm sure Spike will be happy to keep them.

I showed up to see if Bret avoided the concussion, and was given the surprise present of Owen jumping to WCW.

Great post all around.

This is good for the WWF as well, because they just dodged a pr bullet.
That was a genuine accident but nice Owen will be alive ittl,not only that, Owen called Vince bluff and won,when not everyone has the same leverage,some of the big name now know all the independent contractor can be used against Vince too

Status
Not open for further replies.