Victoria II

Can i do some mod-advertising?

*modding doesn't work at all in my EU3HTTT, but does in V2*

Afrique Tribal: it adds a shitload of tribal nations in Africa, 2 new government systems and casus bellis.

By the way, i have an urge of strangling Paradoxians for not including Lombardy-Venetia.
Like, it was a state on its own, even if an Austrian puppet. It is even my favourite pre-unitary Italian state. Damn.

Holy poo poo on a platter, you're behind the African mod? Awesome! I commend you for your work and wish you only the best in your future endeavours!

Also, Venice and Lombardy are available as separate countries already in V2. It's possible to simply give one all the cores of the other, I guess...

Grey Wolf

Donor
Countries sometimes get by event a casus-belli "Acquire a state".

As far as I was aware I hadn't done anything to annoy them, so it must be one of those game randomisations... but I still don't see why they decided they wanted a bit of England rather than West Africa which would have made more logical sense

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

As far as I was aware I hadn't done anything to annoy them, so it must be one of those game randomisations... but I still don't see why they decided they wanted a bit of England rather than West Africa which would have made more logical sense

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

"Acquire a state" can give only a full state. Or have you turned Banjul from colonial state into a full state?

This is a question that has been pestering me about the game for quite a while. I know that when Russia becomes Communist it becomes the Soviet Union and when the same happens to Britain it becomes the Workers Commonwealth. What alternate Communist names are there for the other big states, such as France, Prussia/Germany, Austria, the US and the Ottomans?

archaeogeek

Banned
Woot, it's out for Mac; now I need to wait for Virtual Programming to take their sweet time to get it on steam because otherwise their other system has a DRM-of-evil system that glitches all the time (last time I swapped hard drives I had to email them to get my CK and Vic complete copies reactivated when I'd done a complete image; in fact, last time I swapped anything at all, since I also had to do it after I had to have the keyboard and trackpad replaced at Apple, and again once because it apparently didn't like my new ram v.v ), at least steam alleviates things a bit because then it's not tied to component detection in your computer...

Grey Wolf

Donor
"Acquire a state" can give only a full state. Or have you turned Banjul from colonial state into a full state?

Oh yeah, I suppose so... But surely there was a more logical state to have than SW England, even so?

Hmmm, the laptop was making really weird noises but now its stopped...

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Woot, it's out for Mac; now I need to wait for Virtual Programming to take their sweet time to get it on steam because otherwise their other system has a DRM-of-evil system that glitches all the time (last time I swapped hard drives I had to email them to get my CK and Vic complete copies reactivated when I'd done a complete image; in fact, last time I swapped anything at all, since I also had to do it after I had to have the keyboard and trackpad replaced at Apple, and again once because it apparently didn't like my new ram v.v ), at least steam alleviates things a bit because then it's not tied to component detection in your computer...

You can't buy it with GamersGate? There's no DRM on it from there. Unless its a Mac specific thing.

archaeogeek

Banned
You can't buy it with GamersGate? There's no DRM on it from there. Unless its a Mac specific thing.

Not out on GG yet either, also EU3 for mac on gamersgate is listed with "other DRM" and that worries me a bit.

It's a mac specific thing, I bought the mac version when I decided I wanted revolutions and the wine workaround was being too much of a pain.

This is a question that has been pestering me about the game for quite a while. I know that when Russia becomes Communist it becomes the Soviet Union and when the same happens to Britain it becomes the Workers Commonwealth. What alternate Communist names are there for the other big states, such as France, Prussia/Germany, Austria, the US and the Ottomans?
None. I'd have thought the Ottomans would have them, but apparently not.
That said, some of them have alternate names for other forms of government; for example, the Ottoman Empire as a democracy is Turkey, the USA as an absolute monarchy is the Kingdom of America, and Austria-Hungary as a democracy is the Danubian Confederation.

How fast is this game? I enjoyed Hearts of Iron, but HOI3 runs down to a crawl once a war starts. Does Victoria run okay in the middle of wars?

How fast is this game? I enjoyed Hearts of Iron, but HOI3 runs down to a crawl once a war starts. Does Victoria run okay in the middle of wars?
Victoria II has, as far as I can tell, a different problem: it slows down as the game progresses. So wars doesn't all that big an impact, but the year does.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Turning off "Advanced Sea" frees up quite a bit of processing power as you get into the later years

Also I've noticed that if I save the game, quit, reboot the PC and then load the saved game it will run quicker. I assume this is something to do with constantly writing to temporary memory

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Donor
Heck, there were so many rebellions that the listing box couldn't handle it!

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

bloody rebellions.jpg

So I have been told that I am bad and naughty boy. But dunno, I feel I have done France good.
badboyfrance.png

No more Infamy wars- I have the bigest army and I lead the tech race. I probably could have started on the conquering spree sooner. It is too late to achieve WC now.