Timeline ideas (A new Medieval timeline)

A few thoughts as I begin to prepare:

The question is if Lewis is crowned King of England, who becomes King of France when his father Philip dies? There is Philippe Hurepel, the younger son of Philip, although he was dodged with claims of illegitimacy, but Lewis could use Englands wealth to take France, or at least wrestling the best parts from Philippe such as Normandy (he would already be Count of Artois)

The fate of the Angevin Lands in France. They would most likely go directly to the King of France, although Lewis may gain some personal lands for himself.

The fate of young Henry. Scotland and Wales would be unfriendly to him should he be spirited away by his supporters. Maybe Germany?

Looks like I am too late, but I would like to see the Apocalypse one. Europe getting sandwiched between the Arabs, Magyars, and Vikings is a very cool idea. What would you use as the POD for that one?

If I was still on time, I would have voted for Hohenstaufenum or in alternative, King Lewis of England (which seems to be your new TL).

King Lewis would make a great counterpoint to the English Win the hundread year's war tls, and to OATWS.

Plus, I can feature it in my zine feature, Lions among Lillies. Plus, I can help you out with this period, as I've gotten real intrested in the Angevin-Capetian conflict.

I've shown intrest in this POD in the past as well, here.

My second choice is Hohenstaufenum, because alternate monarchs are just awesome.

A few thoughts as I begin to prepare:

The question is if Lewis is crowned King of England, who becomes King of France when his father Philip dies? There is Philippe Hurepel, the younger son of Philip, although he was dodged with claims of illegitimacy, but Lewis could use Englands wealth to take France, or at least wrestling the best parts from Philippe such as Normandy (he would already be Count of Artois)

The fate of the Angevin Lands in France. They would most likely go directly to the King of France, although Lewis may gain some personal lands for himself.

The fate of young Henry. Scotland and Wales would be unfriendly to him should he be spirited away by his supporters. Maybe Germany?

If Louis the Lion is Philip's oldest son, then he will become King of France regardless of what Hurepel claims. As for Henry III, the most likely place for him to end up would be Castille, where one of his aunts married into the royal family.

King Lewis would make a great counterpoint to the English Win the hundread year's war tls, and to OATWS.

Plus, I can feature it in my zine feature, Lions among Lillies. Plus, I can help you out with this period, as I've gotten real intrested in the Angevin-Capetian conflict.

I've shown intrest in this POD in the past as well, here.

My second choice is Hohenstaufenum, because alternate monarchs are just awesome.

Thanks for the link Oth, that has helped me out immensely. I just needed to get my head around the period. Can I PM you my thoughts?

If Louis the Lion is Philip's oldest son, then he will become King of France regardless of what Hurepel claims. As for Henry III, the most likely place for him to end up would be Castille, where one of his aunts married into the royal family.

So we have England and France united under the one throne, that is after Phillip II dies.

Henry ending up in Castille would be interesting.

Having Saint Louis as King of England...

Thanks for the link Oth, that has helped me out immensely. I just needed to get my head around the period. Can I PM you my thoughts?
Yeah, sure. You'll primarily need to get aquainted with your canident, and Phillipe Auguste, as well as others of the line. They'll likely import more of the French goverment in, and do their best to buy of the Norman nobles. If the French stay there premenantly I think that England has a chance to become their economic tax base. If thats the case you might see a French poltical-social culture, but an English economic culture.

Another thing to point out is the French have awlays had a lot of freedom within the Catholic church. France's problems lay with mid-major nobles, dukes and counts, not with clergy, or small nobles. This means look to Tourlaine, Champaigne, Flanders, and Burgundy for problems. Also look to Ireland, as it seems likely that the French will continue the efforts put forward by the English there. Scotland may also be a trouble spot though it may become an attractive marriage target.

Above all remeber that this isn't a Plantgenat shift. They aren't recentering their goverment in Paris, its already there. This isn't a competive kingdom suceeding over a long time rival, but the end of a ruthless two generation dynasty (Henry II and Richard the Lionhearted were pretty much the restless lions they were portrayed as being) to a much older dynasty who just managed reasert supremacy.