The Whale has Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh damn, just not quite enough time. I'll have to buy and read it after my trip to the States, although it'll be the first AH or any kind of fan publication I've ever bought.

That in mind anyone know any other dead tree versions worth getting?

I honestly enjoyed a lot "England expects that everyone ..." from robertp6156, that has Nelson ( and the entire HMS Victory ) "magically" transported back to the VIII century.

And not really "web work" but "The Foresight War" its also good, if a bit lacking in story development. After all it was written as a sort of thought experiment with the British and the German had some idea of what they were doing before embarking at WWII.

I´m trying to remember some pure AH published and my memory is failing me ... I´m quite sure it will be quite the examples.

I honestly enjoyed a lot "England expects that everyone ..." from robertp6156, that has Nelson ( and the entire HMS Victory ) "magically" transported back to the VIII century.

And not really "web work" but "The Foresight War" its also good, if a bit lacking in story development. After all it was written as a sort of thought experiment with the British and the German had some idea of what they were doing before embarking at WWII.

I´m trying to remember some pure AH published and my memory is failing me ... I´m quite sure it will be quite the examples.

Faralis & all

For anyone who wasn't aware, I only found out a few days ago, there will be no more of the excellent England Expects. It appears that Robert died sometime last year.:(:(:( On another site its novels section is dedicated to him with a RIP sticky at the top. It doesn't give any details so can't say any more. A big loss to the AH community.

Steve

Faralis & all

For anyone who wasn't aware, I only found out a few days ago, there will be no more of the excellent England Expects. It appears that Robert died sometime last year.:(:(:( On another site its novels section is dedicated to him with a RIP sticky at the top. It doesn't give any details so can't say any more. A big loss to the AH community.

Steve

Damn. I´m really sorry to read that. My point stands that the book is very good.

Poor Robert. I did noticed that he had not updated any of his stories lately, but as from time to time he did it, I was not really worried.

Bah, now my mood has ...

Rest in peace, Robert.

perfectgeneral

Donor
Monthly Donor
Damn. I´m really sorry to read that. My point stands that the book is very good.

Poor Robert. I did noticed that he had not updated any of his stories lately, but as from time to time he did it, I was not really worried.

Bah, now my mood has ...

Rest in peace, Robert.
I'm really glad he published. Legacy matters so much when you know you can't take anything with you.

Bah, now my mood has ...

Rest in peace, Robert.
Such a shame. RIP Robert. :(

ctayfor

Monthly Donor
Finally caught up. 572 pages...so far:eek: Still having a great time with it, soooo.....update please:D
Whales know how to stay cool.

The author of 'The Fore Sight War' is canvassing ideas for an updated and expanded version. If you join his forum you can post your suggestions!Google, tony Williams and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.