The NEW Our TimeLine Maps Thread!

Europe 500 AD

Eu500.PNG

JJohnson

Banned
Thankee re: my map :D

I really hope you meant to say Kreise/Landkreise not Gemeinden. Seeing as there are several hundred parishes/municipalities in Brandenburg alone, you may as well flood-fill the map black ;)

Yes, sorry about that. Ich haette wissen sollen, was Sie meinten... the Landkreise are roughly the same as US counties, so that's what I meant. Whenever you get time for that it'd be great. I'm working on an alternate timeline, and those maps work perfectly. A relief is good for some, and the BAM+rivers for others...beautiful work.

James

During. About 1240. Just put a thick line showing the extent of their conquest by that time. In all truth I just need a good European map showing church lands in Europe between 1100 and 1300.
I scoured my computer, and found a map of Europe in 1250, that I have forgotten that I have drawn, and I will probably use that one, that way I only need to make minor changes to show it in 1240. As for showing church lands within the HRE at that time, I am still scouring the, net to find maps of the HRE at that time or as close to it as I can. If by any chance you get lucky and find maps of the HRE in the mid 1200s that show church lands, please post a map or a link to such map, so I can have something to go by. Thanks in advance.:)

I'd have no guffs with a East-west split.
My plan to split my world map, will consist of splitting it at the Atlantic Ocean, that way I will ultimately have maps of the Old and New Worlds w/ the internal admin divisions for all or at least most of the countries.

I scoured my computer, and found a map of Europe in 1250, that I have forgotten that I have drawn, and I will probably use that one, that way I only need to make minor changes to show it in 1240. As for showing church lands within the HRE at that time, I am still scouring the, net to find maps of the HRE at that time or as close to it as I can. If by any chance you get lucky and find maps of the HRE in the mid 1200s that show church lands, please post a map or a link to such map, so I can have something to go by. Thanks in advance.:)
I have one in my midevial atlas, but it isn't excactly an easy scan.

I have one in my midevial atlas, but it isn't excactly an easy scan.
That's kewl. Too bad the map is not easily scannable, for I would like to see it. What year was the map depicting the HRE in? Which mideaval history atlas do you have that contains the map?

That's kewl. Too bad the map is not easily scannable, for I would like to see it. What year was the map depicting the HRE in?
The HRE, and the boarders on the map are from 1175. It shows the lands of the Hohenstaufens, the Welfs, and the Church.
Which mideaval history atlas do you have that contains the map?
Historical Atlas of the Medieval World AD 600 - 1492, by John Haywood. Its kinda short, but shows a great deal more detail than my other maps on the era, except for my reading.

Othniel,
That's kewl, man.:cool: I may have to go to Barnes & Noble, or Borders bookstore sometime, and see if they have copies of that atlas, and snap up a copy for myself. If that map on the front cover is any indication, I am sure the rest of the maps are pretty good. In my copy of Shepherd's, there is a map of the HRE during the Hohenstaufen era, but unfortunately it is not as detailed as that map, for it only shows the stem duchies, and little else, but I do have a similar map in my copy of the Anchor Atlas of World History, volume 1, that does show a similar amount of detail as shown on the map you have posted, so I probably will use that along w/ the one you posted as a reference. Thanks, man. I will post your map request as soon as I finish it, may take me some time, for I want the map to look good, and not look like a rush job, before posting it. Q

Hnau

Banned
Does anyone know where I can get a UCS map of the world in 117 CE (the farther extent of the Roman Empire?) Seems like it would be easier to find.

Hnau

Banned
How's this for a map of 117 CE, the greatest extent of the Roman Empire by the death of Trajan?

OTL 117 CE.PNG

How's this for a map of 117 CE, the greatest extent of the Roman Empire by the death of Trajan?
Thank you, I've been looking for that.

My best take on the Alaska border dispute. If anyone has a better map, or is willing to work on it for a few minutes, please be my guest. I've never been all that great at copying borders. Map 3 is the compromise map of OTL, for comparison.

Alaska_border_dispute.PNG

Othniel,
Here's your map request, I hope this suits your needs.:) I have indicated the principal polities within the HRE, and have indicated the principal archbishoprics, and bishoprics w/ large and small dots respectively. The hachured, and dotted patches are Staufen, and Imperial estates respectively. I have also indicated the limits of Mongol conquest w/ a thick border in the Khanate (Mongol) color. Q

Europe AD 1240.PNG

It's okay to do requests here, right?

I just want a minimalist map of the Iberian peninsula circa 1460. Bonus points if it identifies the different kingdoms united under the Crown of Castile and the Crown of Aragon... I'm looking for something around 600 x 500 pixels or so, though exact size doesn't really matter. If you know of any map like this, feel free to just link me to it. I've found a map of 1360. That's about a hundred years before what I want, and though the boundaries of the Peninsula were mostly static in that period, it shows the Duchy of Aquitaine, which is no good.

If you're curious as to why I want this, it's not for a TL, it's for a (slightly alternate) historical RPG I'm running for a few friends of mine.

(If this should go elsewhere...sorry...) For the past month I have been working on this humble offering:

attachment.php

Just as a disclaimer...all this is based off my own research, using what are sometimes, at best, dodgy sources. Where possible I have tried to use census data, but this isn't always possible or accurate enough...so I've mashed it together. The map (should) show where languages are spoken in everyday life - thus why some languages are not present, or occupy a smaller area than that of where they are spoken.

As this is a work in progress, if anyone can make this more accurate I would welcome it!