The Kamikazi thing...Mongols VS Japan

Ok...I was reading another thread, Any thoughts on if the Mongols only lost bad enough, to make them lick thier wounds and keep coming back 3 or 4 more times against Japan.

Busy Mongols would be great for Europe, but might also push Japan to Meiji even quicker

HelloLegend

Banned
The Mongols were defeated by wheather both times, not
necessarily by superior Japanese combat tactics.
Though it is very interesting that the Mongols would choose the same
beachhead in the second attempt (Japan fortified the beachhead).

The Mongols were defeated by wheather both times, not
necessarily by superior Japanese combat tactics.
Though it is very interesting that the Mongols would choose the same
beachhead in the second attempt (Japan fortified the beachhead).

Also it wouldn't help the Europeans or even the Muslims as the attacks on them by the Mongols came in the 1240's and 1260's. The attacks on Japan didn't come until Kubali Khan had fully conquered China, in 1274 and 81. Also by this time, while Kubali was formally the Great Khan and titular leader of the Mongols he had no real control over the Khanates established in the west.

Steve

guess i was fishing for some long term conflict in Japan, like a Mongol Crusade....Kick start things in Asia. I think it would be interesting to see Japan exposed to new tech. at an earlier time.

If the Mongols had a couple of semi-successful landings, a few set piece battles, forced to return in order. Not destroyed, but sent back to regroup. They'd go back right? JMO

If the Mongols had a couple of semi-successful landings, a few set piece battles, forced to return in order. Not destroyed, but sent back to regroup. They'd go back right? JMO
Yeah, its possible, compared to the Europeans, the Mongols know when to fallback, and later regroup, I think something like this happened once against the Seljuk Turks.

Last edited: