The Foresight War

Mr. Williams if your interested in taking a look, I done a few vehicles from the Foresight War and even the BSA. Not sure if they're anything close to what you had in mind but would love to hear what you think.

My Foresight War AFVs

Well done, most impressive! I think the Churchill and the German tanks are exactly right, the Crusader maybe a bit longer and sleeker than I had imagined.

Friday 3rd September, 1934. In the morning :)

Thanks. :)

Had it been before the attempted Austrian coup, attempted coup against the Austrian governement could have been suspended, to be resumed when the Italians are fighting their war in Ethiopia? If Hitler knew that even the Greeks of April 41 where able to not only contain the Italian army for months but was able to push it back, he might well considere risk isn´t so great.

The Maginot Line, Germany did not considere breaking through it in 39-40 and the French governement considered extending it to the Channel but the Belgian governement protested and it wasn´t carried out.
TTL, why couldn´t the French gove be pressured into extending the maginot line to the channel? It could even proposing to share the costs (not that it was so great, mererly as a mean of political support).
French defeat would be avoided altogether and Italy won´t go to war with Lybia and Eastern Africa being effectively hostage to the Anglo-French while it is doubtfull the battle of the atlantic would even start.

It wouldn´t doom Germany to quick defeat, the west wall could be made far stronger and more adapted to contain even a well-prepared Anglo-French assault while the Germans are fighting east. Thus, to win, France and England would have to send expedition forces into the Soviet-Union to fight the axis forces there...

I would assume that it would take quite a long time of testing the throwbacks' knowledge of the future before they would be believed enough to make major alterations in national policy on their say-so.

In TFW I focus initially on the British throwback, and it is clear that the kind of decisions being taken in the 1930s at his behest don't involve extra risk, in fact they reduce it.

Thanks. :)

Had it been before the attempted Austrian coup, attempted coup against the Austrian governement could have been suspended, to be resumed when the Italians are fighting their war in Ethiopia? If Hitler knew that even the Greeks of April 41 where able to not only contain the Italian army for months but was able to push it back, he might well considere risk isn´t so great.

The Maginot Line, Germany did not considere breaking through it in 39-40 and the French governement considered extending it to the Channel but the Belgian governement protested and it wasn´t carried out.
TTL, why couldn´t the French gove be pressured into extending the maginot line to the channel? It could even proposing to share the costs (not that it was so great, mererly as a mean of political support).
French defeat would be avoided altogether and Italy won´t go to war with Lybia and Eastern Africa being effectively hostage to the Anglo-French while it is doubtfull the battle of the atlantic would even start.

It wouldn´t doom Germany to quick defeat, the west wall could be made far stronger and more adapted to contain even a well-prepared Anglo-French assault while the Germans are fighting east. Thus, to win, France and England would have to send expedition forces into the Soviet-Union to fight the axis forces there...

Extending it through the 'impenetrable' Ardennes would be more useful than the channel. The main sucker punch of Fall Gelb was the attack in the Ardennes, not the diversionary assault on Belgium and the Low Countries. However, given as Eben Emael fell anyway despite being the (in theory) bastion of Allied defensive operations along the Meuse, I doubt any extension or improvements on the Maginot Line would be of any use. They'd just do it it what they did to Eben Emael.

A far better plan would be to tell the French "Look, this concrete monstrosity is a waste of time, see?" and show them the historical result, and convince them to listen to DeGaulle and build up proper armoured forces and develop tactics for them. Scrap the 1 and 2 man turrets, get some proper 3 man ones, and stop building Char 1B's etc and focus on the SOMUA S-35 (ideally the S-40 with a 3 man turret, and start welding rather than riveting the things)

And of course, as mentioned, remind them the Ardennes are NOT impenetrable....

I would assume that it would take quite a long time of testing the throwbacks' knowledge of the future before they would be believed enough to make major alterations in national policy on their say-so.

This reminds me of the TIME TUNNEL episode in which Doug Philips gets captured by Japanese Spies, injected with truth serum and interrogated over what he knew about the Japanese plans.... !!

Last edited:
Tony, have you ever considered doing a follow-on (The Foresight Peace??)

Could be interesting to see how things develop - especially if the US finds out enough from surviving Germans to suspect at least a German time traveller..

Tony, have you ever considered doing a follow-on (The Foresight Peace??)

Could be interesting to see how things develop - especially if the US finds out enough from surviving Germans to suspect at least a German time traveller..

See post #13 in this thread...

My main interest was in exploring the "what ifs" of military technology and how it was deployed during the war; I just don't have the same level of interest in what happened afterwards (and, believe me, I have to be passionately interested in a subject before I'm willing to do all of the necessary research!).