The Avg Professional Person’s World Map

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
What would the mental world map of the average middle class professional look like? Of course this varies by country and degree of interaction with foreign clients, overseas offices of companies, interaction with foreign culture through food and music, but what does the average professional’s world map look like?

A source of data would be here by u/Milhaud based off of Sporcle data
Also from Sporcle “ Countries of the World”, here is a list
IMG_6841.jpg

“Largest Islands”
IMG_6843.png

Last edited:
Tried the game and found the map rather bad, you couldn't make out which pin is where, sometimes on a zoomed detail sometimes not. But I guess you just should type out the countries without the map.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
How does this mental map differ for say, the Italian professional or the Indian or Brazilian professional? Obviously a countries’ neighbors are likely to be mapped clearest with more blurriness towards the opposite side of the globe

Crazy Boris

Banned
It’s one thing to know a country exists, but another to know where it is, so these statistics might not be too helpful in figuring this out.

I remember I used to think Afghanistan was in the Horn of Africa. I don’t know why. And my mom thought Singapore was in China until I explained it.