The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, in context with the obliteration of hundreds of thousands only a short time before, the killings of a relative handful of people can be notable, doesn't that mean things are looking up?

To be honest, it's hard to have much sympathy for former Einsatzgruppen members or death camp guards, although the fact that the Allied authorities still punished the officer responsible, even perfunctorily, does them much credit, I would say.

Walter Cronkite and Bob Hope? That's the thing about history - the tragedy and the farce come thoroughly intermingled...

Oooooh, good stuff. Sucks about the USSR. I was hoping for a Return to Russian Nationalism. Owell.

Somehow, I wonder if the Middle East could actually provide a good counter-weight to the allies.
Somehow. Dont know how, but thats my ONLY idea.

Or South America I guess

Well, revenge is going to be fueling a lot of conflicts in the East til about 2010 or so. Oh God, I hope it doesn't turn into another Yugoslavia.

Oooooh, good stuff. Sucks about the USSR. I was hoping for a Return to Russian Nationalism. Owell.

Somehow, I wonder if the Middle East could actually provide a good counter-weight to the allies.
Somehow. Dont know how, but thats my ONLY idea.

Or South America I guess

1. To have a Return to Russian Nationalism would require actual living Russians, of which there are precious few.

2. There is no counterweight to the Allies. My guess, the Allies = 75% of global economy.

Mike Turcotte

Now that the Reich is finished, will we see mass exoduses of freed slave laborers going back to wherever they originally came from?

That might be a moderate population boost for what's left of the USSR. Moderate being single-digit millions at best. :(

Also, you mentioned something that would be "controversial to this day" re: anthraxed areas where German troops still held out. However, nothing happened in this update re: this.

I'm assuming those pockets are in Germany proper and especially Berlin. Will we be getting to them next week?

I'm a little unclear. The war in the east is over, so the war in the west continues? Does the siege of Berlin and other Nazi redoubts continue?

I wonder, in this timeline, after the war, are the number of people who say they were "not Nazis" the same as in OTL? And what about the people who say, "Yes, I was a Nazi, but I was not an enthusiastic Nazi?"

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Now that the Reich is finished, will we see mass exoduses of freed slave laborers going back to wherever they originally came from?

That might be a moderate population boost for what's left of the USSR. Moderate being single-digit millions at best. :(

Also, you mentioned something that would be "controversial to this day" re: anthraxed areas where German troops still held out. However, nothing happened in this update re: this.

I'm assuming those pockets are in Germany proper and especially Berlin. Will we be getting to them next week?

I'm a little unclear. The war in the east is over, so the war in the west continues? Does the siege of Berlin and other Nazi redoubts continue?

Berlin and the other"No Go" areas remain in Nazi hands.

They will be addressed in the next update (probably).

Did "New Hamburg" = Danzig/Gdańsk?

I doubt it; as your post indicates, that already had a perfectly good German name. Just some little village out in the middle of nowhere (well, as nowhere as northern Poland gets). Note that the scale of the settlement described is much too small to be Danzig (you couldn't possibly use 20 guys to patrol the entire border of that city)

good update, the Nazis in the East have surrender, do now i hope that the Nazis in the west gain sense and also surrender:). To avoid fruther lost of lives:(

Status
Not open for further replies.