Superman a nazi

Keenir

Banned
In the long run though, while setting the stage a little earlier, I don't think it would have had any effect on how WW2 would have turned out. It may even destroy the possiblity for other nations developing this publishing medium as it is seen connected with nazis and the horrible things they did.

That's a tad doubtful....the Nazis also led the way in rocketry and the war on tobacco.

I was thinking Thor too but...That's too cliche, its been done.
Thor is a stupid super hero.
They wouldn't think of a modern interpretation either I doubt, they would end up making comic versions of viking stories which are not what we're after.

That's a tad doubtful....the Nazis also led the way in rocketry and the war on tobacco.

Well they are difference rocketery is science and too pratical to be left over and well tobacco still deadly anyway no matter who win WWII.

While comic stripes are too widespread to just be turn over because the Nazi used it widely super heroes might not get that chance. (Maybe the action comic would rather centered around indianna jones heroes or like in watchmen, pirates)

Wasn't there an old Saturday Night Live skit on this? I recall they had a What-if segment,though the only other one I remember was "What if Eleanor Roosevelt Could Fly?"... "Wind tunnel tests conducted on old ladies indicate she couldn't have carried much of a payload..."

Leo Caesius

Banned
Nietzsche's concept would be better translated as "Overman" or "Over-and-above-man". Aside from a superficial translation error, the two have very little in common, imho. Comic book Superman would be more like what Nietzsche called the "last man".
They really do have nothing to do with one another, although technically speaking super/hyper/over/über are all cognate, so I can't quibble too much with the translation (super- is a much more productive prefix in English than over-, anyway).

Rocketry was too useful for any country and was being researched by small groups all over the world, so it wasn't seen as a nazi symbol. As to the Anti-tobacco movement, did any one in the US or Europe really know about it for the most part.

In OTL comics were frowned upon just for influencing childrens minds, hence part of the reason for the Comics Code being developed. Now imagine that comic books were first developed in nazi germany before it was in the US. Just prior and post-war time it would be seen as a nazi instrument, especially any characters that were developed. (Of course you might see a neo-nazi in this world wearing Supermann T-shirts at their rallies).

If something similar is tried in the US post-war I think it would be even more heavily regulated by a CCA organization. Of course I'm not sure if this would make this US more liberal or more conservative in its views?

If something similar is tried in the US post-war I think it would be even more heavily regulated by a CCA organization. Of course I'm not sure if this would make this US more liberal or more conservative in its views?

Well...possibly what would happen is the need for superheroes to be clearly symbol of democracy and equality to win some appeal to the mainstream.

Maybe if would backclash over time with people being more fed up of Comic code because it would regulate their charcter more throughly hence new generation of comic book artist might get rebellious toward it

If the nazis had developed Superman, the problem is he might have had an effect on fashion and clothing.

Quite apart from the cape continually getting caught on the turret ring when they were climbing in and out of their tanks, I am concerned about seeing Elite Panzertruppen wearing their underpants over tights. Would the rest of the World have taken them seriously?

Quite apart from the cape continually getting caught on the turret ring when they were climbing in and out of their tanks, I am concerned about seeing Elite Panzertruppen wearing their underpants over tights. Would the rest of the World have taken them seriously?

Well Captain America was in a body revealing jump suit and that worked.

For the cape it's mostly a visual thing, who cares if it would not be pratical in real life.

For this german Supermann, I don't really see him being drawn with a cape. What it would probably be is something similar to what the military wore. Black outfit, more formfitting, with white piping(is that what its called?) and a red lightning bolt "S" similar to the to the SS symbol on the left breast. He'd probably be blond and blued with the nazis' fetish for the so called aryan stereotype.

In this comic book I can't see a secret identity for this character.

Once this character was created, what other so called heroes would there be?

Hapsburg

Banned
what sort of power/abilities would a german at this time put into a god-like fictional figure?
Strength obviously. High intelligence of a sort I would guess, yet one prone to obey higher authority (government/state). Heat vision? X-ray vision?
Considering how integral and central the "Hyperborean" theory and the Atlantis myth was to Nazi mysticism, maybe Ice Breath or something?

For this german Supermann, I don't really see him being drawn with a cape. What it would probably be is something similar to what the military wore. Black outfit, more formfitting, with white piping(is that what its called?) and a red lightning bolt "S" similar to the to the SS symbol on the left breast. He'd probably be blond and blued with the nazis' fetish for the so called aryan stereotype.

In this comic book I can't see a secret identity for this character.

Once this character was created, what other so called heroes would there be?

Well in the 20's and 30's most political parties had a "ideal" German on their political posters. I see Superman along such lines, a large muscular, bare chested man.

Considering how integral and central the "Hyperborean" theory and the Atlantis myth was to Nazi mysticism, maybe Ice Breath or something?

I could possibly see this added with the lightning/electral ability I mentioned before. Plus the super strength. I'm not sure if this guy could fly, but he would probably have been created as a superb pilot, tank driver, ship navigator,...

Well in the 20's and 30's most political parties had a "ideal" German on their political posters. I see Superman along such lines, a large muscular, bare chested man.

I could see the bare chested part developing as this ATL comic's storyline progresses, but at first he would probably be potrayed as the uniformed everyman doing his duty for the state.

As I think about this scenario, it leads me to wonder, if Hitler creates this comic character and it becomes very popular/profitable, would he even stay in the party? Essentially he is gaining power, of a differnet sort, by become a potential media mogul.

I could possibly see this added with the lightning/electral ability I mentioned before. Plus the super strength. I'm not sure if this guy could fly, but he would probably have been created as a superb pilot, tank driver, ship navigator,...

I could see the bare chested part developing as this ATL comic's storyline progresses, but at first he would probably be potrayed as the uniformed everyman doing his duty for the state.

As I think about this scenario, it leads me to wonder, if Hitler creates this comic character and it becomes very popular/profitable, would he even stay in the party? Essentially he is gaining power, of a differnet sort, by become a potential media mogul.

Well they were "Heroic" figure before superman (like the shadow and doc savage) maybe one could be "supes" up when nazi take over :D

Well being a media mogul never prevent Sylvio Bellusconi to have power political in Italy

Hitler as a comic author - maybe, although I think you'll need a big coincidence for that. This comic becoming profitable - possible too. But this won't make him rich necessarily - remember how Siegel and Shuster sold the rights in 1938 for 65 $. Not that I'd mind Hitler being screwed.

Hitler as a comic author - maybe, although I think you'll need a big coincidence for that. This comic becoming profitable - possible too. But this won't make him rich necessarily - remember how Siegel and Shuster sold the rights in 1938 for 65 $. Not that I'd mind Hitler being screwed.

Well, that's why I said potentially. More than likely he wouldn't see any money if he tries to go it alone.

He could be his own comic book artist too ;)