Stalin's Second Holocaust

Second Jewish Holocaust

I remember reading that not only did Stalin hate the Jews, and he also planned to exterminate all the Jews of the Ukraine. This was known as the 'Doctor's Plot'. Stalin's paranoia led him to suspect that all Jews in higher positions were spies of the US. It seems he purged many of them, some were tried and executed, some were sent to the Gulag. Stalin did build 4 new camps in Siberia and Kazakhstan, supposedly to house all of the Jews from the USSR. For those new to this, try getting your hands on 'Stalin's Last Crime'. The book saids that Stalin had his daughter imprisoned because she was engaged to a jewish man,and that Stalin's holocaust was going to take place,but he died before anything came of it.

What if he had lived on to do this treacherous act? What would the response be from the Worldwide Press then if he was able to accomplish this? From what I read, he also was going to reveal about the 'internal blow', in which 2 nuclear missles would be fired out of the US embassy in Moscow and destroy the Kremlin...

Last edited:
Street_Disciple said:
he also planned on the main concentration camps to be in Asia not Europe.....

Ehem... there WERE concentrations camps in Asia. They're called "GULAGs" (not to mention some other places, that hasn't official name)

The Siberian Gulags weren't really "concentration camps" in the German sense, they were merely rather brutal prison camps for political risoners. People died there (and in lvery large numbers, over a million), but because the climate was harsh, supplies were scarce, bullying rife and discipline severe not because of a systemic effort at extermination, which is what I assume is being suggested would have taken place at the four new camps, which would therefore have been quite different from the traditional gulag

Actually, I think you're mistaking the concentration camps for what some call extermination camps; Auschwitz, Treblinka, Sobibor. Other camps(Dachau for sure, Oranienburg, Bergen-Belsen, IIRC) were forced labor camps where people slowly died of malnutrition and overwork, which is what happened in at least some gulags, like the ones in Kolyma(gold mining) and Fergana Pass(uranium mining). Of course, in this sort of places, whether extermination was a consequence or intent tends to get mixed up(i.e., they send undesirables to those places because they're going to die there)

There were two camps, Auschwitz and Birkenau, located nearby. Extermination was executed in Birkenau. Auschwitz was "mere" concentration and labor camp, that could be called "merely rather brutal prison camps for political risoners." (although, there were executions - for example those, that were considered "unable" to work).

Neverthless, I don't see Stalin planning "concentration" or "extermination" camps, similiar to, let's say Auschwitz or Birkenau. It would be useless... better send prisoners to GULAGs, or shot.
And how would West react? In the same way as OTL. Some poputchiks ("useful idiots") would deny, justify or support, and rest wouldn't do anything about that.