Soviet victory in the Polish-Soviet war of 1920.

The idea is simple: basically the Soviet forces manage to defeat the Poles in enough battles that they capitulate. What I'm curious about is what happens to the rest of Europe? Do the Soviets advance towards the Baltics and Finland? Do they instead go directly towards Germany to aid the Spartacists and their revolt? What would they do with Poland, just carve out the territories they want or try to set up a communist government? I'm not too familiar with this decade so I'm curious to what would happen with such a POD.

The West (at least Britain) might be more alarmed about Russia. France hardly still agree easily step back with Versailles but Britain might be more willingful allow to think re-negotiation of Treaty of Versailles.

They would go directly to the Spartacists I think. The goal was to take Europe, and Germany was in the best situation to be a Soviet Target. Not Finland or the Baltics

They would go directly to the Spartacists I think. The goal was to take Europe, and Germany was in the best situation to be a Soviet Target. Not Finland or the Baltics

Finland might be left alone for now but when Russians have taken Poland, I can't see them leaving Baltics alone.

The idea is simple: basically the Soviet forces manage to defeat the Poles in enough battles that they capitulate. What I'm curious about is what happens to the rest of Europe? Do the Soviets advance towards the Baltics and Finland? Do they instead go directly towards Germany to aid the Spartacists and their revolt? What would they do with Poland, just carve out the territories they want or try to set up a communist government? I'm not too familiar with this decade so I'm curious to what would happen with such a POD.
No, no. The RSFSR (The Soviet Union hadn't officially be declared yet) and high level Germans had an agreement that if the Russians won, Germany would be returned their chunks of the East back, that had been lost at Versailles. Germany and Russia, at first, would be allies.

The West (at least Britain) might be more alarmed about Russia. France hardly still agree easily step back with Versailles but Britain might be more willingful allow to think re-negotiation of Treaty of Versailles.
Britain wouldn't mind Poland's collapse, in OTL David Lloyd George had been openly presenting the Soviets as a valuable trade partner for the UK. And frankly, he loathed the fact that Germany lost some lands to Poland (he wanted to keep Germany strong enough to be a counterbalance against France). Similar pro-soviet views were shared by the other british politicians such as Maurice Hankey, Philip Kerr, or Lewis Namier.

Last edited:
No, no. The RSFSR (The Soviet Union hadn't officially be declared yet) and high level Germans had an agreement that if the Russians won, Germany would be returned their chunks of the East back, that had been lost at Versailles. Germany and Russia, at first, would be allies.
Truly interesting.
Would you really gratefull been shown the way for some sources/documentaions about this.

@NoMommsen

Found it.

On the German side-

image.png

And the Russian side-

image.png

The article traces it out in more detail.