Foreword
Hello everyone, this is my first TL here, so please go easy on me.

Red Wave: A World Bathed in Crimson asks the question, "What if the Soviet Union 'won' the Cold War?"

Yes, I am aware that TLs that take place during the Cold War are a bit overdone here, but this period of history is my area of historical expertise, so I'm just gonna go ahead with it. I hope you all enjoy this TL, and I hope I enjoy making this as well. I will also be drawing some inspiration from NDCR, but the rest will be my own work.

Enough rambling, let's jump right in, shall we?

Volume I, Part I - The Truman Administration
The Truman Administration
After the end of the Second World War, President Harry S. Truman had a huge weight put on his shoulders. The economy took a dive to the point where many in the nation were fearing a second Great Depression, the issue of civil rights was tearing the Deep South apart, and the Soviet Union was consolidating their rule over Eastern Europe. Truman's administration had its eyes focused on foreign policy, especially their policy in Europe, with tensions between the United States and her allies and the Soviet's Eastern Bloc increasing ever since the end of the war. However, that was not the only concern that Europeans had. Ever since the end of the war in Europe, many cities, infrastructure, and industrial facilites were either damaged or wiped out entirely due to the bombing raids conducted by both sides. This led to Congress passing the European Recovery Program, commonly known as the "Marshall Plan", named after Secretary of State George Marshall. The plan gave over $12 billion in economic aid to the nations of Western Europe, as well as [WIP]

Last edited:
Interesting. The Cold War has plenty of interesting PoDs (lord knows I'm writing and have written several TLs based in the Cold War), but the Soviets winning the Cold War implies the US losing. I'm wondering how you're going to achieve that.

Interesting. The Cold War has plenty of interesting PoDs (lord knows I'm writing and have written several TLs based in the Cold War), but the Soviets winning the Cold War implies the US losing. I'm wondering how you're going to achieve that.
Don't worry, I'll figure something out.

Does NATO dissolve like what happened in Red Dawn?
Because there is no way the USSR could face NATO on equal terms.
And how do you intend to address the USSR's internal problems as well, along with their less than trustworthy Warsaw Pact allies?
These were the OTL reasons why the USSR collapsed.
And what about China?

And how do you intend to address the USSR's internal problems as well, along with their less than trustworthy Warsaw Pact allies?
And what about China?

WOLVERINES!!!!!!

And what about China?
I'll think about those when I get there

Very interesting and thank you. Let us step sideways and include good old mother nature. How about a major volcanic eruption in the USA? I am thinking a middle size Yellowstone event. Wipes out USA agriculture significantly for 3-5 years. Only gently affects USSR farming output. The results being the USA takes a major league nose dive and is not long a world power. The USSR takes complete advantage of the world economic situation and runs free rein over Asia Europe and most of the Southern Hemisphere.

Very interesting and thank you. Let us step sideways and include good old mother nature. How about a major volcanic eruption in the USA? I am thinking a middle size Yellowstone event. Wipes out USA agriculture significantly for 3-5 years. Only gently affects USSR farming output. The results being the USA takes a major league nose dive and is not long a world power. The USSR takes complete advantage of the world economic situation and runs free rein over Asia Europe and most of the Southern Hemisphere.
I'm not sure about that to be honest. It's not really what I had in mind. I'll think about it more tomorrow.