Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the colours and the enscription it's the logo of the Wingnut FH fantasy of the Random Caliphate of Eurabia, aka them smelly muslims take over commiepinko librul Europe.

And I quote :

The Islamist-Soviet/Nazbol Axis Invasion of Europe. The opposite of the above scenario, the Europeans are generally described as weak, decadent, infertile and thus being throroughly outbred by Muslim immigrants (created people who take the term “low fertility rates” a tad too literally), economically unstable and deploying ruinous healthcare systems. As a result, Russia and the spontaneously created Randomid Caliphate ally themselves with each other and decide that the decadent Europeans are no longer worth having their continent. Thus they start a massive blitzkrieg that quickly eliminates the ill-fated Europeans. Typically, Britain (which is America's valiant best friend) is spared of this horrible fate, but sometimes they instead have to endure yet another Sea Lion.

This is from the future history clichés page.

NOT an AU in the Shah's Iran

From a world where Islamism is associated with the Communist movement or the Soviet Union? :confused:

EURABIA.jpg

There actually was a large organised party in Iran under the Shah who argued that Communism was the most perfect form of Islam. They were a dominant force in the more educated professional, middle class/university types, who are leftist in many moslem countries - arguably because they are dependent on government jobs rather than being the driving force of small business.

Having used them to help overthrow the Shah the Ayatollah Komeini immediately attacked them, leading to a civil war that killed tens of thousands and led to the assasination of the President and Prime Minister as well as the first suicide bombings in the moslem world. This was during 'the Iran Hostage Crisis' and got virtually no coverage in the western press. It was also what the attempted hostage rescue force would have been going into if the desert one disaster had not happened.

The details come from 'The rise of islamic Capitalism' by Vali Nasr, if anyone wants to know where I got the facts from.

Vexacus

Banned
General Douglas MacArthur signs the formal United States Instrument of Surrender aboard the IJS Yamato in Snafransisco bay:
Douglas_MacArthur_signs_formal_surrender.jpg

Not mine but still cool:
ww2wf.jpg

whitecrow

Banned
nazi-bolshevik I'd assumed
Ah, so these guys?

otherrussia.jpg

1965125.jpg

kmo_070671_00081_1m.jpg

092.jpg

There actually was a large organised party in Iran under the Shah who argued that Communism was the most perfect form of Islam. They were a dominant force in the more educated professional, middle class/university types, who are leftist in many moslem countries - arguably because they are dependent on government jobs rather than being the driving force of small business.

Having used them to help overthrow the Shah the Ayatollah Komeini immediately attacked them, leading to a civil war that killed tens of thousands and led to the assasination of the President and Prime Minister as well as the first suicide bombings in the moslem world. This was during 'the Iran Hostage Crisis' and got virtually no coverage in the western press. It was also what the attempted hostage rescue force would have been going into if the desert one disaster had not happened.

The details come from 'The rise of islamic Capitalism' by Vali Nasr, if anyone wants to know where I got the facts from.
Ah, yes, I heard about that. I once even made a thread about what Iran would be like had it became communist in 1979, but it didn’t generate too much discussion (probably due to general lack of knowledge on the subject).

Wait, you mean to tell me that communazis are real? Are any of those hoodlems old enough to remember what the nazis planned on doing to western Russia and its population?

We encounter biological miners for a advanced race that believes only sentient sillicon life form is possible and therefore carbon based life forms are only resources. They a biologically engineered miners by some alien race. Hive-like hierarchy and structure, builds massive hives.

Oh, and they invade earth after that, and Canada is nuked by the U.S to prevent them from spreading to Eurasia (which is all decimated and infested except for Japan and the last lines of germany and England) to North America.
2t0mJ.jpg

dc443.jpg

Dixie-cola wartime ad, if the Confederacy had one
c.1903[/QUOTE]

Yeah, . . . "won" is the synonym for "been victorious". "One" means a single unit of something; one half of "two".

Our English vocabulary skills seem to be slipping!

Vexacus

Banned
Imperial Japanese Space-Fleet Commander Susume Kodai kneels by the wreck of the legendary Japanese battleship "Yamato" that was uncovered by a survey team. the Yamato was thought to have been lost when "The Wave" transported the Japanese Empire off Earth and onto Alpha Centarui:
SpaceBattleshipYamato_0.jpg

An artists paiting of the superstructure of the IJS Yamato shortly before it's re-fiit and launch:

tumblr_lsuf1hhGKf1qiu57yo1_1280.jpg

The IJSS Yamato II is launched from the Japanese Ocean, beginning it's mission to head back to Earth:
tumblr_lzw51whTJB1qiu57yo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.