Need Help Creating a President Infinity Map

So I'm drafting up a scenario for President Infinity while taking note of its flaws, but I've found that my artistic skills aren't up to par when it comes to making the region map, especially one that is meant to be wholly unique.

To be clear I am envisioning a lengthy series of scenarios with strong initial parallelism to American History, but set on an Alien World where they've just won their independence from a yet undesignated Earthly power. The planet in question is more or less Earth-like, some light-years away and thus difficult to rapidly populate (population growth will be akin to what the OTL US experienced), and there will be an Alien equivalent to the Amerindian tribes. The slavery issue will largely revolve around the rights of Androids, particularly those who arguably gain sentience, and whether under such conditions they are still property or guaranteed certain rights.

So in terms of what the game needs for said map:

• The map picture needs black lines (RGB of 0,0,0) separating the various regions.
  • It must have a width of (501) pixels and a height of (381) pixels.
  • It must be in a Bitmap format.
This is an example of a traditional President Infinity Bitmap:

8g8QMt0.png

In terms of what I am looking for:

• I would like the Colonies to be bordered in the East and South by an Ocean, the Western boundary to follow a major river, and the Northern border to be rather arbitrary. The electoral map for the 1796 US Presidential Election can serve as some inspiration or translation for what I'm trying to get at, but with the equivalents of West and East Florida included.
  • There should be sixteen regions representing the colonies, of varying sizes.
  • There should be four regions representing unorganized territories, mainly to the Northwest and Southeast.
Beyond that I give whomever takes this up full creative control as well as recognition in the read-me and the entry page on 270soft Campaigns once the scenario is released. That said I will probably need help in the future every-time I need to update the map to account for new territories or States.

I'd be willing to help out.
Attempted to figure out how i'd go about this and well it looks like i'd have to draw the borders pixel by pixel.
I attempted to make the states out of vectors and the lines don't come out right, but they're still decent to use to come up with a concept and would be used to draw over.

So here was that quick attempt..

lQhtrit.png

*Edit

Spur of the moment idea just to test my drawing skills and possibly demonstrate my lack of knowledge of the lore, a map Fallout's NCR.
Now to figure out how to put it in there.

9L49Zag.png

Last edited:
Should the map represent the whole eventual controlled landmass (not shown) or just the 16 colonies? Currently working on the grid for my attempt. Any islands on the map?

Do you want the map to look like the USA today, but with one big area missing? Should that area be missing or brown/some other color? Or should it just be the USA today sorta, and you'll sort it out?

@Ariosto

Last edited: