Nazis Invade India

With Egypt seized, they would also have to clear the British from the Med, whcih would take a while, possibly. An alternative might be the 'Fuhrer versus Abdul' scenario, with Germany invading or forcing an alliance with Turkey, and going after India from that route. However I think Stalin would react to that. In fact the Soviets would think a German attack on India was a dream come true - a substantial number of divisions at the end of a very long supply line a long way from Russia's centre. They could invade into Persia or Turkey and chop up the Germans, or simply go straight for Berlin.

Fuhrer vs Abdul!

Strangely enough I was thinking of something similar last night.

gianluca790

Banned
question

As for the premise I always liked the Turtledove story where the Nazi's are running India and Gandhi just gets shot because peaceful non-resistance only works against someone unwilling to shoot. Although he writes good stories and one-off novels, he should never write series.

Support for Hitler = Allies for India against Imperialists in Great Britain. Ghandi is not going to be able to employ Non-Violent Resistence against the Nazis. We all know how reasonable the German Army would be in this scenario. It would be better if the Indians joined the Japanese in the Pacific Theatre of the Axis against the Chinese minions of the British Empire in Sutheast Asia. Pakistan would lead the Arab allies of the Axis in an attack on the heart of the Jewish homelands. The Germans did respect the idea of the Indo-Aryans being their ancestors, after all. Perhaps Ghandi might be persuaded to join forces with the Germans, in exchange for a more or less conciliatory attitude.

I always thought that if Hitler wins in North Africa, he'd head north through the mid east, force Turkey to join and make another assault on the USSR.

ok the idea is a bit silly but its still a interesting question why the axis didnt make a more determined effort to take the midlle east and-or north africa

also when talking about india the fact that japanese armed local anti-british resistance existed opens up a whole range of posibilities
imagine the japanese starting a independence war in india?

Support for Hitler = Allies for India against Imperialists in Great Britain. Ghandi is not going to be able to employ Non-Violent Resistence against the Nazis. We all know how reasonable the German Army would be in this scenario. It would be better if the Indians joined the Japanese in the Pacific Theatre of the Axis against the Chinese minions of the British Empire in Sutheast Asia. Pakistan would lead the Arab allies of the Axis in an attack on the heart of the Jewish homelands. The Germans did respect the idea of the Indo-Aryans being their ancestors, after all. Perhaps Ghandi might be persuaded to join forces with the Germans, in exchange for a more or less conciliatory attitude.

This being the Pakistan that didn't exist until 1947?

Gandhi would never join forces with the Nazis- he detested everything Hitler stood for and even agreed to stop acting against the Raj for the duration of the War as he felt that the fate of the world depended on defeating Hitler.

The man you're looking for is Subhas Chandra Bose. Bose was a rather nasty Fascist who led the Indian National Army, made up of Indian POWs of the Japanese who agreed to fight for the Axis (not that many joined up in any event). Modern Indian revisionist historians have cast him as a national hero for the purposes of developing Indian nationalism (in the same way they recat the Indian Mutiny as some nonsensical "First War of Independence")- this is fair enough in the context of building a national mythology to prevent the diverse ethnic groups of India from fighting each other but unfortunately it's led to the survival of a distasteful undercurrent of Fascism in the Hindutva nationalist movement.

Assuming a Nazi victory, I doubt the Nazis would actually invade India- it would probably be given "independence" as an "ally" (read client state) of the Reich. In fact, it would probably recieve lots of German aid and funding as the Reich's "Aryan ally" in Asia. India would probably be counted on to keep Japan pinned down on Germany's behalf in any Axis-victory TL Cold War.

olnly problem is india i huge
logistics would be a bitch and the huge population etnicly diverse would be dificult to controll
the most probbable outcome would be a split up into an "arian state" a japanese colony and a lot of smaller enclaves loial to the british or autonomus

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Short answer: They get their ass kick.

Long asnwer: The Wehrmacht get's its collective ass kicked up between it's shoulders.

When the Germans signed their alliance with Japan, it was agreed
India would be within the Japanese sphere of influence. There
would be no reason for the Germans to invade India.

Well this is pretty ASB, so I even created a thread about it in the ASB forums.

I doubt the Nazis would consider Indians as Aryans, seeing that they are all fairly dark-skinned, Nazis if they controlled India, would commit untold atrocities on the Indian people. They won't be slaughtered as the Jews, but they will be pretty much fucked.