Most Annoying Timeline You've Read?

I DON'T mean the WORST timeline you've read. I just mean the most annoying.

I don't like the Alternate History Travel Guides' main member worlds, though most are well-designed, because they always seem so damn arrogant and not kick-ass enough, unlike the GURPS Alternate Earths folks. I was really annoyed by Tripartite Alliance Earth, though it's incredibly well-written, because I didn't like how the U.S. somehow managed to get hijacked by the Nativist Party in the 1860s, and the Euro powers are all around.

I'm generally somewhat annoyed by timelines that are written for the express purpose of showing how much better the world would be if the author's home country or favorite country was much more powerful than in OTL. I've seen examples for the United States, Great Britain, China, France, and Australia.

I'm also annoyed by timelines that involve the United States breaking up into several smaller nations and not becoming a world power - unless they are written by me, in which case they are classic examples of Alternate History at its best. :D

Paul Spring said:
I'm also annoyed by timelines that involve [X] - unless they are written by me, in which case they are classic examples of Alternate History at its best. :D

This should be the board's motto :D

NomadicSky

Banned
Any confederate timeline

I can't stand the thought of living the confederate states
especially timelines writen by Confederatefly

Any TL where armies and the neccesary equipment and supplies for them seem to spring out of the ground all the time, thus obviating the needs for such mundane things as supply lines and the need for any sort of industry to equip an army.

Also, any TL that is clearly designed to push some sort of agenda, such as the superiority of the author's home nation, religion, or political beliefs.

hmm. copycat tl's, eg someone writes a TL, and then ten other tls or WI's float around the board days afterwards.rrrr

badly reaserched tls i guess

Germany doesn't invade SU in 1941. In fact SU and Germany become best friends and conquer the world. Everybody submits to them and in the end they invade US.

And the author was just ignoring every criticism.

Straha

Banned
CSA TLs with emancipation before 1900. Lets face it the south had fought a war to preserve slavery so there was NO way that they'd give it up quickly.

Straha said:
CSA TLs with emancipation before 1900. Lets face it the south had fought a war to preserve slavery so there was NO way that they'd give it up quickly.

Confederate States of American TL for the exact opposite reason. Lets face it the South did fight a war to preserve slavery, but that doesn't mean that there is no reason they wouldn't give it up. Nations and people change and adapt with their times, some how a few TLs refuse to recognize this.

David S Poepoe said:
This one. I'm annoyed by the headlines on every morning newspaper.

Espacially the Chinese part, for every political ATL ideas brewing in my head. The Chinese Communist would not come to power in neither one of them(For those POD start before 1930's of course).