Maritimes in USA

The Maritimes are the one area of Canada that received American settlers before Loyalists (primarily due to Loyalism not yet existing in the 1760s). Assuming Nova Scotia and St. John Island (PEI) went with the Patriots but no other territory of OTL Canada joined up with the USA, how would it butterfly things in America? Canada? The world?

One immediate effect is New Brunswick not existing due to no Loyalists moving in. That said I'd like to know far bigger, long-term, and more interesting effects then one less name and border on the map.

Well, if you have a sound patriot stronghold in Nova Scotia, the British would have to retreat someplace else after being kicked out of Boston.

Then again, that entire episode might be butterflied as the British might just besiege Nova Scotia from the get go.

Well, if you have a sound patriot stronghold in Nova Scotia, the British would have to retreat someplace else after being kicked out of Boston.

Then again, that entire episode might be butterflied as the British might just besiege Nova Scotia from the get go.

I'm assuming the Maritimes have already linked up and become Patriot. I should have clarified that I'd like to see the after-effects after the Revolution is won (IE, post-1783).

Grimbald

Monthly Donor
Northern Border

Does this make the northern border of the US the St Lawrence?

Or does Canada still have a foothold on the southern side of the river?

I have always thought Washington could have sent an army north after 1781 and secured the land up to the river.

Does this make the northern border of the US the St Lawrence?

Or does Canada still have a foothold on the southern side of the river?

I have always thought Washington could have sent an army north after 1781 and secured the land up to the river.

No. The St. Lawrence would be Quebecois on both side of the river as would the Gaspesia Peninsula.

The Appalachians would be the northern border.