Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to help me find an old map I did about the Cuban Missile Crisis going hot? It had two maps, one that was reality and one that was US propaganda.

CannedTech

Banned
Anyone want to help me find an old map I did about the Cuban Missile Crisis going hot? It had two maps, one that was reality and one that was US propaganda.

I know which one you're talking about (it had a giant Communist Eurasia divided in three factions IIRC), but I can't remember for the life of me which map thread it's in... I'll have a look-see tho'.

I know which one you're talking about (it had a giant Communist Eurasia divided in three factions IIRC), but I can't remember for the life of me which map thread it's in... I'll have a look-see tho'.
Thanks. :D:D

So, apparently doing the 'find posts by' only covers about 1/3rd of my posts in any thread....

Last edited:
Second WIP for my Ill Bethstad map:

File Name Won't Tell You 2.png

Last map for my summer. This is my early WIP for my Greater Indian Territory North American situation. Hope you like what little i have so far.
Indian territory north america.png
I do need feed back on the size and borders of the Lakota/Sioux Nation. So any comments suggestions are welcome.

Indian territory north america.png

Cool; is the Republic still a permanent member of the security council here (or at least the UN)?

Taiwan's a permanent UNSC member baby!

(Second Update)

Final Update.

"An anti-Mainland wet dream."

taiwanwank_by_kanteinium-d952cc7.png

Timeline of Events:

Second World War

- The Manhattan Project is significantly delayed, resulting in the lack of atomic weapons to be used against Japan.

- The US Army lands in Guangdong in late July to begin the brutal Southern Chinese Campaign against the Japanese Army.

- The US enacts Operation Downfall in late September in conjunction with a Soviet offensive in Manchuria.

- The invasion of Japan brings the highest amount of American deaths in war since the American Civil War, more than doubling the number of US casualties in the war.

- Japan surrenders in December 1945.

Early Cold War

- Representatives of the Republic of China manage to negotiate the administration of Okinawa from a depleted US.

- The Chinese Civil War begins.

- The Communist Chinese by mid-1950 have the clear upper hand, initiating a final offensive.

- Although the US sits out most of the war, the US Navy and elements of the Marine Corps are finally sent to assist the retreating Nationalists.

- The Navy assists a great deal in holding Hainan and other coastal islands.

- Nationalist units converge to a final mainland pocket near Hong Kong, as the Marines arrive to reinforce them at the last moment. A ceasefire line is eventually drawn between Dongguan and Shenzhen.

- With a shaky peace in place, the US and UK give military aid to the ROC and support the establishment of a massive joint Chinese-American base in Shenzhen.

- The Korean War begins.

- As UN forces approach the Yalu River along with a significant ROC presence, the PRC launches a major intervention in the war, forcing Allied units to fall back to the 38th parallel.

- The US public becomes increasingly fatigued of brutal wars in the Far East as it becomes clear the war may be unwinnable.

- General Douglas MacArthur is given a blank check in using tactical and strategic atomic weapons for the purpose of achieving a decisive victory.

- Nuclear weapons are used for the first time in history against Communist Chinese targets.

- Dozens of tactical bombs are deployed against PVA lines, obliterating them. The city of Shenyang is completely annihilated by a single strategic bomb.

- The Korean War ends. The peninsula, although unified, now has a heavily irradiated northern border.

Later Cold War

- An extremely antagonized PRC refuses to make doctrinal peace with the West and becomes an isolated regime.

- The relationship between Moscow and Beijing, although shaky, remains a militarily close one.

- In response to the PRC testing its first nuclear weapon in 1961, the ROC acquires its own in '62 along with a subsequent civilian nuclear program.

- A large number of naval skirmishes and artillery exchanges occur throughout the 1960s and 70s, but Fortress Shenzhen is never truly attacked. The continuous presence of the US Navy and the growth of the ROC Navy and Air Force allow the ROC to exert complete maritime control over coastal China.

- Political divisions between Taiwan and Hainan accelerate the democratization process of the Republic, as it becomes clear that continuous military rule is unsustainable in the long term. Hainan and other populated islands begin to achieve a greater voice in the government.

- Regional cultures, such as Taiwanese, Hainanese and Ryukyuan, become increasingly accepted and celebrated as opposed to a sole Chinese identity. This varies, however, depending on the political party in power.

- The PRC never opens up its domestic market to the world economy until the collapse of the USSR in 1987.

- Beijing begins to seek normalized relations with Taipei for the first time in 1988, although it refuses to do this same with the US. The ROC also begins to ease anti-Beijing sentiments, although it continues to claim all of the Mainland (and vice-versa).

- Beijing's application for observer status in the UN is finally accepted in 1989 with the approval of the ROC, still a permanent member of the Security Council. Officially under the title of "Chinese Beijing", 'Mainland China' is also allowed and used by Taipei.

Modern Era

- Even as the PRC gradually tries to establish cordial relations with the outside world, a power struggle emerges amongst the leadership.

- The UK hands Hong Kong over to the ROC in 1997. Hong Kong undergoes an 3-year integration period that sees full voting rights and ROC privileges granted by 2000.

- Portugal retains administration of Macau, although both Mainland and Republican Chinese can freely enter the city.

- The future of Mainland China is uncertain after a faction of the PLA seizes Beijing and detains the PRC's civilian leadership. Taipei remains silent, only reiterating its support for the safety of all Chinese.

- The ROC by 2015 has an indigenous missile defense system, a highly sophisticated satellite program, and an undisclosed number of nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Taiwan's a permanent UNSC member baby!

Final Update.

"An anti-Mainland wet dream."

Timeline of Events:

Second World War

- The Manhattan Project is significantly delayed, resulting in the lack of atomic weapons to be used against Japan.

- The US Army lands in Guangdong in late July to begin the brutal Southern Chinese Campaign against the Japanese Army.

- The US enacts Operation Downfall in late September in conjunction with a Soviet offensive in Manchuria.

- The invasion of Japan brings the highest amount of American deaths in war since the American Civil War, more than doubling the number of US casualties in the war.

- Japan surrenders in December 1945.

Early Cold War

- Representatives of the Republic of China manage to negotiate the administration of Okinawa from a depleted US.

- The Chinese Civil War begins.

- The Communist Chinese by mid-1950 have the clear upper hand, initiating a final offensive.

- Although the US sits out most of the war, the US Navy and elements of the Marine Corps are finally sent to assist the retreating Nationalists.

- The Navy assists a great deal in holding Hainan and other coastal islands.

- Nationalist units converge to a final mainland pocket near Hong Kong, as the Marines arrive to reinforce them at the last moment. A ceasefire line is eventually drawn between Dongguan and Shenzhen.

- With a shaky peace in place, the US and UK give military aid to the ROC and support the establishment of a massive joint Chinese-American base in Shenzhen.

- The Korean War begins.

- As UN forces approach the Yalu River along with a significant ROC presence, the PRC launches a major intervention in the war, forcing Allied units to fall back to the 38th parallel.

- The US public becomes increasingly fatigued of brutal wars in the Far East as it becomes clear the war may be unwinnable.

- General Douglas MacArthur is given a blank check in using tactical and strategic atomic weapons for the purpose of achieving a decisive victory.

- Nuclear weapons are used for the first time in history against Communist Chinese targets.

- Dozens of tactical bombs are deployed against PVA lines, obliterating them. The city of Shenyang is completely annihilated by a single strategic bomb.

- The Korean War ends. The peninsula, although unified, now has a heavily irradiated northern border.

Later Cold War

- An extremely antagonized PRC refuses to make doctrinal peace with the West and becomes an isolated regime.

- The relationship between Moscow and Beijing, although shaky, remains a militarily close one.

- In response to the PRC testing its first nuclear weapon in 1961, the ROC acquires its own in '62 along with a subsequent civilian nuclear program.

- A large number of naval skirmishes and artillery exchanges occur throughout the 1960s and 70s, but Fortress Shenzhen is never truly attacked. The continuous presence of the US Navy and the growth of the ROC Navy and Air Force allow the ROC to exert complete maritime control over coastal China.

- Political divisions between Taiwan and Hainan accelerate the democratization process of the Republic, as it becomes clear that continuous military rule is unsustainable in the long term. Hainan and other populated islands begin to achieve a greater voice in the government.

- Regional cultures, such as Taiwanese, Hainanese and Ryukyuan, become increasingly accepted and celebrated as opposed to a sole Chinese identity. This varies, however, depending on the political party in power.

- The PRC never opens up its domestic market to the world economy until the collapse of the USSR in 1987.

- Beijing begins to seek normalized relations with Taipei for the first time in 1988, although it refuses to do this same with the US. The ROC also begins to ease anti-Beijing sentiments, although it continues to claim all of the Mainland (and vice-versa).

- Beijing's application for observer status in the UN is finally accepted in 1989 with the approval of the ROC, still a permanent member of the Security Council. Officially under the title of "Chinese Beijing", 'Mainland China' is also allowed and used by Taipei.

Modern Era

- Even as the PRC gradually tries to establish cordial relations with the outside world, a power struggle emerges amongst the leadership.

- The UK hands Hong Kong over to the ROC in 1997. Hong Kong undergoes an 3-year integration period that sees full voting rights and ROC privileges granted by 2000.

- Portugal retains administration of Macau, although both Mainland and Republican Chinese can freely enter the city.

- The future of Mainland China is uncertain after a faction of the PLA seizes Beijing and detains the PRC's civilian leadership. Taipei remains silent, only reiterating its support for the safety of all Chinese.

- The ROC by 2015 has an indigenous missile defense system, a highly sophisticated satellite program, and an undisclosed number of nuclear weapons.

Not going to lie, I really want to see this as a more fleshed out TL. We don't have enough Taiwan Wanks :)

Last edited:
Uh, I made this. It's sometime in the mid to late 1960's at the moment. There's sort of a three-way Cold War going on. Essentially World War II is avoided when Hitler dies, but the Nazi's and Soviets do split Poland. The Fascists are falling behind increasingly quickly in the continuing 'world game'. Still somewhat of a WIP.

UH NAZI GERMANY HITLER DEAD IN 1939.png

Status
Not open for further replies.