Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.ethnologue.com/language/sco
https://www.ethnologue.com/language/gla

90k Scots speakers, with 1.5m people who have it as a second language. That's our of a population of 5.3 million (ie 28%).

Scots is not really mutually intelligible with English (except at the "ridiculously strong accent" level; imagine someone from the US Deep South trying to understand a Geordie), although in written form, a decent language scholar could work it out.

But it's Lowland culture, hence if Scotland decides to push her own language rather than English they're going to go for that rather than Scots Gaelic.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Displaced tribes become independent due to earlier, worse civil war. Surrounded by USA, Deseret, CSA, Mexico/Texas, but I'm stuck on the white area. Any suggestions, comments?
View attachment 260019

Interesting, but I would see it being a little larger. Texas would also be a little larger. The White Could be, as suggested, a Slave State, but we'd need to see more of the map to figure out how much land is being used.

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
On a similarly Oklahoma related note.

oklah.png

The Commonwealth of Sequoyah, established 1905. Depicts the three major departments of the State, Sequoyah (Blue), Oklahoma (Red), and Cimarron (Orange). The State was formed in 1905 as only Sequaoya, however in 1907 absorbed the Oklahoma Territory. Legal issues prevented the states expansion into Cimarron, not helped by disuptes with Texan Officials, however the panhandle finally joined Sequoyah in 1912. The Capital is Tulsa. The State has a large Oil Industry, although, paradoxically, one of the largest environmental institutions, which has grown rapidly since the 1980's. A largely Republican voting state, in recent decades this has changed to Democratic control. Has close ties to Montana, which is affectionately referred to as the 'Fourth Department'. Flag depicts the seal of the state, a seven pointed star surrounded by olive branch on a buffalo skin shield, which is flanked by the numbers '46', resting on an a plain orange field. The state hosts one of the few Native led governments, however notably receives less federal funding than it's neighboring states.

oklah.png

Last edited:
Because you don't see that many Taiwanwanks.

ROC plays a much larger role in Japan's defeat, CCP still wins civil war, US navy assists a great deal in holding Hainan, UK gives aid and supports establishment of ROC base in Shenzhen, Hong Kong eventually gets handed over to Taipei instead of Beijing.

Taiwan also has nukes, both American and indigenous.

atw.png

Last edited:

CannedTech

Banned
F U T U R E M A P S

figure out what's going on

I can't guess on everything, but I'm guessing that there's a case of Russian Revolution V 2.0 going on (which is a trend here that I'm enjoying :D), and that the Non-red Russians occupied Kazakhstan to buy them some breathing room.

Other than that, looks like ISIS collapsed badly and the US occupied Venezuela/is dealing with backlash. Also some type of IS-like entity in Somalia?

I think that's the standard TACOS color for it, which sadly is too close to Soviet red in order to appear extra evil (for obvious reasons).

Oh. :eek:

Is that also the TACOS color for Cape Verde, or is it somehow Russian? And if it's the former, why on earth did Cape Verde get a color?

Is that also the TACOS color for Cape Verde, or is it somehow Russian? And if it's the former, why on earth did Cape Verde get a color?

Personally the Cape Verde color reminds me more of Australia XD But I'm not 100% sure if Cape Verde has a designated color but it could very well be that that's the new Ostrogoth color (which is part of the Iberian set and thus could fit a country such closely tied to a classic Iberian nation).

Personally the Cape Verde color reminds me more of Australia XD But I'm not 100% sure if Cape Verde has a designated color but it could very well be that that's the new Ostrogoth color (which is part of the Iberian set and thus could fit a country such closely tied to a classic Iberian nation).

The real question here is why in the fuck does Cape Verde even need a color?

Status
Not open for further replies.