Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting map! (Is it your first one?)
First thank you, and no, it's not my first map.

What's going on in Albania, Costa Rica and Nicaragua, Denmark-Norway-Sweden, and Siam/Thailand (how did that become a German protectorate/colony?)?

Albania is a Ottoman protectorate, Costa Rica and Nicaragua they are an american territory, Sweden has formed the Scandinavian Empire, and Germany established a protectorate in Siam because want to be more involved in East Asia and China. (basically a stronger Weltpolitik).

Realized how ridiculous my timescale was. going to slow things down a bit, along with use all the ideas (that second one I'm a bit less fond of, but whatever). Haven't heard much regarding my maps lately. I'd still like some if there's any to give. The Year's 2289.
Missed: Never bothered to change Chile's Claims on Antarctica to belong to Argentina. Still can't be arsed. School just ended, maybe I'll have the work ethic then. Doesn't really fit here, but i changed Denmark's color back to UCS for obvious reasons.
Systemwide: Earthly struggles have trumped outward expansion and threaten to keep it that way.
Europe: Europe's eyes are teporarily taken off Romaina and over to Russia, who has ripped itself apart during a gory class struggle, in which lower class citizens are denied the right to immigrate to space. Two main powers have emerged- a revived USSR, and the Republic of Russia. Both fighting heavily to recover and surpass the other. USSR has a capital in Moscow, while Russian Republic is in St. Petersburg. The Caucus People's Republic, Eastern Jewish Oblast, and Belarus have gained independence as well, along with the Oblast of Penza being contested. Ukraine is fighting for Independence, with PLC backing, having its own problems with the two Russias. Switzerland successfully fends off its invaders. Greece and the CEU temporarily settle their war over Bulgaria, but knowing the Greeks, who knows how long it will last.
Asia: The Russian conflict split over here, where China takes their small claim. Chukotka is trying to gain independence from the USSR. Burma is barely alive after finally making peace with India. Recovery is uncertain, and most people contest the region's government's handling of the war due to its lack of resolve. Siam turns its attention to Malaysia, Brunei unties with Singapore.
Africa: DRC continues to destabilize, even foreign powers realize they can't continue to prop up the state, and thus resort to damage control. SAC annexes Zambia, Malawi still in an uncomfortable spot. Union of Western Africa formed, rather loose collection of states under one flag. Internal political stalling threatens stability. French commonwealth pulled closer together, with Madagascar...umm..."joining".
Middle East: Greece "convinces" Turkey into seceding some territory on the Dardanelles. Afghanistan is still kicking.
S. America: WCO and LAU bash over Colombia. Colombian government exiled to a small island to the west of the mainland. Britain takes over the Suriname Union.
N. America: LAU gives up its claims on the WCO. France takes a few Caribbean islands.
Moon: SAC buys some Russian territory, nearly bankrupting them. USSR takes their share of territory after the split.
Mars: USSR takes their share of Martian territory as well. first definite borders begin to appear.

I'm sorry, but no way is Nunavut a province before the NWT in Canada. The NWT is the most likely of our three northern territories to gain provincehood in the near future.

I'm sorry, but no way is Nunavut a province before the NWT in Canada. The NWT is the most likely of our three northern territories to gain provincehood in the near future.
huh. thought Nunavut was already a province. You seem Canadian so i'll assume you know better than I do. Thanks for the tip.

During the American War of Independence, the Great Britan manage to mantain the control over the northen colonies, while in the south they suffer a lot of defeats.
Escept the problem with that is that the North(from New England down to Virginia) was significantly more pro-independence than the South, where most of the British victories actually took place.

Escept the problem with that is that the North(from New England down to Virginia) was significantly more pro-independence than the South, where most of the British victories actually took place.

Perhaps the British try to free the slaves as a weapon against the rebels, uniting the southerners against them? Still doesn't explain why there is a dividing line between "Canadian" British territory and "US" British territory exactly paralleling the OTL US/Canada border.

Edit: or why all the US states are as OTL.

Still doesn't explain why there is a dividing line between "Canadian" British territory and "US" British territory exactly paralleling the OTL US/Canada border.

Edit: or why all the US states are as OTL.

They are two different dominions, and not all of the US states are as OTL.

They are two different dominions, and not all of the US states are as OTL.

You are correct - there are some minor differences - and I apologize for missing that. But there is no reason for the British colonies to be split at the same point where the US-Canada border is OTL: if you're going to break up your North American colonies into two big Dominions, why not make New England part of *Canada, so it isn't so much smaller that the southern Dominion and make *Canada's identity solidly British by heavily outnumbering the Frenchies? And west of the Great Lakes, where the US/Canada border has a very specific OTL history, the border being exactly the same is VERY unlikely. For one thing, I think the "Canadians" would argue rather forcibly for getting a slightly more southern border than than OTL...

Bruce

You are correct - there are some minor differences - and I apologize for missing that. But there is no reason for the British colonies to be split at the same point where the US-Canada border is OTL: if you're going to break up your North American colonies into two big Dominions, why not make New England part of *Canada, so it isn't so much smaller that the southern Dominion and make *Canada's identity solidly British by heavily outnumbering the Frenchies? And west of the Great Lakes, where the US/Canada border has a very specific OTL history, the border being exactly the same is VERY unlikely. For one thing, I think the "Canadians" would argue rather forcibly for getting a slightly more southern border than than OTL...

Bruce

You are absolutely right, i made a mistake on the "US/Canada" border. Next time when i make a new map i will focus on this kind of issue to avoid this error. Thank you for this constructive criticism.

Made some revisions.
1980: Two years before the UK rage quits during the Falkland War and nukes Buenos Aires.
TL22 1980.png

TL22 1980.png

You are absolutely right, i made a mistake on the "US/Canada" border. Next time when i make a new map i will focus on this kind of issue to avoid this error. Thank you for this constructive criticism.

Well, glad I managed to avoid pissing you off. I can be a bit tone-deaf at times. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.