Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a series of maps I quickly drew up for a story I'll probably never write. The basic premise is that a Series of Apocalyptic Events crippled the earth's population to the point where it almost looked like human beings were going extinct. After 300 years, it wasn't the case, and once again, humanity is thriving...in at least some parts of the world. North America, for the purposes of these maps, is at a medieval level of advancement, both socially and technologically.

Without further ado....

changesinna312-362.png

It's a lot, so ask questions and I'll answer them...hopefully.

changesinna312-362.png

Deleted member 70671

Here's a series of maps I quickly drew up for a story I'll probably never write. The basic premise is that a Series of Apocalyptic Events crippled the earth's population to the point where it almost looked like human beings were going extinct. After 300 years, it wasn't the case, and once again, humanity is thriving...in at least some parts of the world. North America, for the purposes of these maps, is at a medieval level of advancement, both socially and technologically.

Without further ado....

Feudal futures are always interesting stuff. I'll take that the greenish-yellow state on the midwest is a raider tribes, mongol golden horde kind of thing, right?
And that thing in Alaska, is it russian or related to the equivalent of Russia on this timeline? I mean, considering its color...

Without further ado....

View attachment 231069

How much history was preserved? What kind of apocalyptic events?

I've completed my "alternate Israel" map from a few pages ago, nothing too fancy when compared to PlatoonSgt's excellent map, but an interesting thought exercise none the less. Enjoy! PS: Clicking it leads to the even bigger version.
EDIT: Whoops, that "U.N." near Jerusalem should be placed differently. I'll fix that soon-ish. Also I've noticed a few other things... I'll repost this tomorrow with all the fixes and a good write-up.
What does J.-I. stand for? Did Jordan and Iraq get into a Hashemite union? And on that note, does anyone know how inheritance for that would work, such as if the eldest son gets the thrones or if they go the Saudi route of the next younger brother?

Nice map.

But wait, why the hell would the US annex Haiti? That area had 1/5 of the population of the US at the time. Their proportion in the House of Representatives would be insane should they be made a state.

As well, wouldn't the government be wary of adding all those free blacks? (And if they're enslaved or remain a territory for too long, that's a recipe for decades of revolt)
It would be good fun if they had something to say about the 3/5 Compromise.

What does J.-I. stand for? Did Jordan and Iraq get into a Hashemite union? And on that note, does anyone know how inheritance for that would work, such as if the eldest son gets the thrones or if they go the Saudi route of the next younger brother?

Hashemites always went for Eldest sons, but IIRC the idea was that Jordan and Iraq would be subnational entities inherited in the normal manner of primogeniture, while the head of the federation would alternate (I can't remember if it was based on lifetime or a fixed rotating term).

Political divisions after a collapse of Kenya (in the aftermath of the successful Mau Mau Rebellion in my timeline. (to be featured in an upcoming update):cool:

Kenya.png

Nice, Hr. But judging from OTL it's more likely that the strongest faction is recognized as the "official" government of Kenya and the others as "rebels." (See, Angola). Nobody wants to encourage the breakup of Africa's states into smaller ethnic entities [1], and no African independence leader thought that independence from Britain and the other colonial powers meant also accepting people's possible desire to be independent from them. (The Somali territories are of course much bitched about terra irredenta).

Bruce

[1] Of course, it's a different TL: maybe there is someone there who is in favor of a highly Balkanized Africa...

Nice, Hr. But judging from OTL it's more likely that the strongest faction is recognized as the "official" government of Kenya and the others as "rebels." (See, Angola). Nobody wants to encourage the breakup of Africa's states into smaller ethnic entities [1], and no African independence leader thought that independence from Britain and the other colonial powers meant also accepting people's possible desire to be independent from them. (The Somali territories are of course much bitched about terra irredenta).

[1] Of course, it's a different TL: maybe there is someone there who is in favor of a highly Balkanized Africa...

Thanks B.,

Yeah, it's going to be explained in the TL. It is related to a internal collapse, then an absorption of Somali territories into the Trust Territory, which essentially requires the Western powers to recognise Kenya is no longer an entity (or they will be annexing land off of a sovereign state). Pretty happy with the map though, given it's my first real go with inkscape.

There are usually two types of Axis victory TLs - one which attempts to provide a thorough and realistic scenario, and one which just has insane shit going on.

This falls into the latter.

8toa1gZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.