Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another map from my "Never Setting Sun" TL. The year is 1936 and the world is very tense.

The Americas: The Western British Empire's enormous success of Canadian and Nigerian soldiers in WWI against the German Empire spurred a wave of patriotism throughout the empire and encouraged expansion which secured the WBE Greenland and the occupation of Ecuador and Argentina with the help of an expanding Brazil and Pro-British factions. This however, spurred the creation of the Andean Federation which is Hellbent on retaking territory and stopping the WBE and Brazil in their tracks. The Dominion of British South America is established with the union of Guyana and Venezuela.

Africa: Italy has expanded her holdings in Libya and has successfully conquered Ethiopia and the Dominion of West Africa is established by the WBE.

In Europe, an expanding Germany in the name of united all German people is massing troops on its eastern border as a Soviet Union fed up with being thwarted politically in Eastern Europe begins to make its move while in Eastern Asia the Japanese Empire expands while attempting to take control of Chinese, British and French territories.

EDIT: Map here now. Sorry it's so huge.

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0426/WBE_1939_large

Last edited:
Here's a map of the Kaiserreich HOI2 Mod, rendered in semi-textbook style. Spent a fair amount of time on the internal borders, and corrected some things that I found a little ludicrous in the original mod (Two Sicilies, for example).

Hm, Caucasus is a mess. Also, the line around the Mitteleuropa would look nicer if it was running along the inside, rather than outside, of the borders.

Is Austria and Bohemia being in Mitteleuropa your intentional changes? What about Bulgaria not controlling Constanta? Also, Belarus looks odd to me, but I can't quite place why.

A map for a TL i am doing soon.

11t33w2.png

http://i34.tinypic.com/11t33w2.pngguess what is what

sorry about the limited colour pallette

Last edited:
An alternate north america. Haven't changed some of the city names yet although I know some of them would be different (Birmingham might be Elyton for instance or it might still be called Birmingham). Any suggestions for alternate city names would be welcome.

Note Arizona here is the old rebel Arizona territory plus the old Mexican Arizona department.

North America with greater CSA rough sequoyah city in oklahoma gif.gif

An alternate north america. Haven't changed some of the city names yet although I know some of them would be different (Birmingham might be Elyton for instance or it might still be called Birmingham). Any suggestions for alternate city names would be welcome.

Note Arizona here is the old rebel Arizona territory plus the old Mexican Arizona department.

Nice effort!

Great map, Chris S!:)
Nice touch on the major roads.

Deleted member 4898

any comments on my map?
The base map isn't very good - try using a better one. The colours, as you pointed out, are limited and rather ugly. The borders seem nonsensical and there is no backstory applied to them at all; there are too many space-filling empires.

Thande

Donor

Very nice. I think I've mentioned before that I love these maps done in a modern atlas style, it makes them more "real" and jarring in many ways.

Thanks fellas but I didn't create the map from scratch if that is what you were all thinking.

I modified it from Highlander's excellent base map (which included the roads) over at the blank map thread:

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=2774610&postcount=2808

I coloured all of the states and provinces as one colour depending on the country, modified Cuba's name to show it was a confederate state, enlarged and bolded the name "Richmond" to show it was a capital and added in a few extra borders for CS Arizona (which I think would be given sea access by attaching the Second Mexican Empire's Arizona Department if the CSA somehow got control of northern Mexico), Sonora, Chihuahua and a "Rio Grande" state (formed from the OTL Republic of the Rio Grande - that just sounds like the name of a territory and subsequent state as the Confederacy would have it, not Tamaulipas and Nueva Leon etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.