Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was trying to make it an Anglo-wank, not a French-wank. If you want, I'll make France grow strong in Europe around Napolean's rule, but Britain will remain English, never French.
Technically your first scenario achieves a Anglo-French wank. IMO the Royal center of Goverment would move to France, but England would still be based in London, and France would still be based in Paris and overall they'd be seen as equals. Over-all though there would be a primarily French influence, because its the bigger, more populous and more prestigous enitity. There is nothing inherently wrong with that kind of dominate scenario. Heck I'm sure the colonial culture will be more Anglo than French, but I'll save those reasons for another time.

:rolleyes:

Firstly, you realize that the vast majority of *England's government in this scenario would have to be based out of France? Also, northern France has a huge populaton density for the fifteenth century. So, very little chance that any fleeing would occur. Also, concening an earlier comment by you, there is very little reason for England-France to go protestant. The Reformation began after the 100YW ended, so if England won said war, the Reformation as we know it would not occur (something similar would, though). Also, England would have too great Catholic French influence to turn Protestan. Even if it did, it would have very little effect on France's religion. So it's pretty much unavoidable for England-France to be a French-speaking, French-cultured, Catholic state.
If I may disagree with you for a moment here. France was privy to some of the better heretical movements of OTL(not to mention how much control the royals had on Catholism within France), and England has had some aura of disstance about it in some way or form. With a nation that size, and likely of that power, it could probably become whatever it wanted. Heck a protestant (national) Church of France would likely be a great deal more powerful than the Church of England was in OTL..

Here is a map i made, hope you all like

Map of the extent of the British Empire at the beginning of the 18th Century

Coolness... :cool:

Hey guise I hope you like my map i think its okay:

---

;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

A map where England won The Hundred Years War and discovers The New World (North and South Greatland) in 1498. John Cabot lands in Upper South America, while a small fleet controlled by him lands in what would be OTL Miami, FL.

The current year is 1531, and England is the most dominant country in the world.

The POD for this map is the seven years war, and it envigisions a world where Britain and the American colonies are joined by the 1771 act of Union, And where Napoleons empire stretched on until 1827, allthough many of these years he was very ill or dead and the Empire was ruled by his advisors. If anyone has any questions on why the map looks like it does please ask (because I dont have the time to write all the alterations to history.) also I realise coloured Belgium as the Netherlands and I will correct for my next post, as well as colouring some more of the lands which are grey.

Interesting, if a bit od...

Another Random map

Coolness... :cool:

The Imperial federation of Great Britain.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: *drool*

I've changed the scenario than. The Hundred Years War ends like OTL. But France has become unstable and Burgundy, Euskadi, and Britanny have all won independence. Spain and Portugal turned down Columbus, who gives up on colonization. Britain sends John Cabot, and they discover The New World instead.

Basque nationalism was nonexistant until the 19th century. In the 16th century the basque nobles prided themselves in being the purest of all spaniards.

Should we add this and Portugal-claims-Galicia to the cliché list? :D

Basque nationalism was nonexistant until the 19th century. In the 16th century the basque nobles prided themselves in being the purest of all spaniards.

Should we add this and Portugal-claims-Galicia to the cliché list? :D

I think we should create a list with clichés to be avoided when preparing a TL or an AH map.

hmm...

you guys did ok... didn't fill the requirements... but eh.

I read your post several times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I don't think I technicaly broke any of them, but I do think I probably should have put something in the Pacific :(

My entry:

tada!!

Alternate Earth.png

Last edited:

The colonies in Duran have expanded greatly since Louis Duran found the continent in 1473. The German colony of Friedrichsland and the English colony of New England have become the two major rivals in northern Duran. However, both colonies are showing greater resentment against their rulers in Europe and the calls for independence are beginning to be heard. In southern Duran the Inca Empire has finally been pushed back by the Castilian colonists in Medina. Realizing that they cannot reclaim their homeland from the advanced Castilians in their current state, the Sapa Inca Sayri Hullapa began a program of modernisation, regularly trading with the Germans of Amazonia and the Portuguese of Brasil. The Granadans of Guaran begin to fear a well armed native state, but can do little as funding from Granada is little and far between.

In Europe the Aragonese conquest of Florence has forced Venice and Milan to unite into a single nation, know as the Lombard Republic. However, the Aragonese are stretched to their limit, with uprising taking place across their conquests in Italy and France. Their alliance with Granada, and the Portuguese desire to maintain the status quo on the Iberian peninsula, has ensured their survival, but Castile is waiting for the opportunity to avenge past humiliations.

In the Ukraine the Karamanids have been forced out of Kiev by the Russians and it is obvious to see that their empire is in decline. Whilst they remain in control of the Crimea and the Caucuses, and their hegemony of the Balkans remains, their position is now threatened by the nascent Russian state. The conquest of Tripoli and Tunisia have not hidden that fact. This is the begining of the fall. Poland is going through a similar period, being stuck in between Russia and Germany.

Scandinavia has also received its share of drama. With the German conquest of Jutland nearly complete, Denmark has declined from its former position as the head of the Scandinavian states, a gap Sweden was all to happy to fill. With little possibility of expanding from Finland and Estonia, thanks to the Russians, Sweden has begun seizing portions of Norway. Although as of now it has been relatively minor territory, they will soon be in a position to take Norway and unify Scandinavia.

In Asia the Germans have set up several trading outposts in the East Indies, to compete with the Portuguese colony in the Alfonso Islands. Meanwhile, the English explorer Lewis Clark discovered a new landmass in the South, what became known as Clarksland. Soon England shall join in the scramble for East Asia. India is currently a battleground between the two largest European Companies in the area, the 'English East India Company' (EEIC) and the 'Deutsches Ostindien Komapnie' (DOK), each with their areas of influence.

Disunited France (1700).png

This is a sequel to my 1650 map.

The Year is 1700. Franco-Hispania, after a brief dynastic union which lasts less than three decades, has been effectively crushed. Yet thousands of people died in the war...and France was humiliated. The joint Anglo-Aragonese Alliance which brought defeat to france now drifts apart, fueled by its own conflicting desires. Britain seems to be the dominant naval power now that the crown has merged with the Dutch, creating a large empire that has colonies around the globe. Britain has even managed to take parts of mainland France. In the meantime, France can do nothing about it...it has been wrecked by decade sof almost endless war, and now faces constant revolts and changes in government.

It's future remains uncertain...yet for the inhabitants of the rest of seafaring Europe, only one path can be taken: Glory!

EDIT: I finally patched up Arabia..

1700.png

Sequel map of the 1531 one, 1615! (I only name the new colonies, all the old ones still exist.)

Britain has made her colonies grow steadily over the 84 years difference. Johnathanland has become an important colonial center of the world, and Cabot has grown deeper into The Amazon. Britain had made charters for Maryland in the late 1590's, and the colonies of Virginia and Carolina shorty after. Britain is also growing stronger in Europe, occupying Brittany, Ireland, and Scotland.

France feels like it is being raped very badly. New Paris is making very little progress, plans on abandoning it may come into play. It has gone to war with stronger Burgundy. France may have no choice but to turn to Portugal, the only ones who will help them at this point. England has plans an making many small colonial buffer states out of Coastal France.

Venice is having a rather good time with its luck. With The Pope very ill, The Queen of Venice has declared her husband The New Pope. Venice buys out (sort of) The Papacy. If Venice keeps good relations with Spain, it could gain Spanish Italy. Venice's dream of ruling all of Italy is coming to be very true.

Austria has increased the strength and size of its colony in North Greatland, New Vienna. Austria is only outranked by Britain, botch of which are neutral to eachother at this point. Austria has made small colonie sin Africa, in order to increase its slave trade. The Austrians had succeeded in a plan to colonies The Philippines and make Ostenland (It was never translated to English for some odd reason.)

Spain had had an encounter with The Inca Empire in the 15900's. Luckily, Spain won and absorbed The Incaland. Spain felt merciful and offered living Incas this option, "Convert to Catholicism, mix your traditions with ours freely, and intermarry with us. Then you may stay." Most had accepted, thus becoming accepted by The Spanish very well.

1600, Britain expands.PNG

This is a sequel to my 1650 map.

The Year is 1700. Franco-Hispania, after a brief dynastic union which lasts less than three decades, has been effectively crushed. Yet thousands of people died in the war...and France was humiliated. The joint Anglo-Aragonese Alliance which brought defeat to france now drifts apart, fueled by its own conflicting desires. Britain seems to be the dominant naval power now that the crown has merged with the Dutch, creating a large empire that has colonies around the globe. Britain has even managed to take parts of mainland France. In the meantime, France can do nothing about it...it has been wrecked by decade sof almost endless war, and now faces constant revolts and changes in government.

It's future remains uncertain...yet for the inhabitants of the rest of seafaring Europe, only one path can be taken: Glory!

EDIT: I finally patched up Arabia..

Gaaaah! Straight....borders... on... curved... projection.... make me... talk like Kirk...

Status
Not open for further replies.