map challenge

NomadicSky

Banned
The year is 1923

Hungary1.PNG

It's DIFFICULT!!!
WWI happened, but why was Austria Hungary spared and why it didn't fall apart I cannot guess. Just lost Bosnia to Serbia, part of Dalmatia to Italy and Südtirol! to Italy.
Except for an independent Karelia all else seems like OTL.
???

It's DIFFICULT!!!
WWI happened, but why was Austria Hungary spared and why it didn't fall apart I cannot guess. Just lost Bosnia to Serbia, part of Dalmatia to Italy and Südtirol! to Italy.
???

And it seems it lost the Banat to Romania. Infact, the frontiers with Romania are exactly the ones Hungary during Nazi domination.

For some strange reason Karl's proposition of turning Austria-Hungary into a federation of Austrians, Hungarians, Checoslovakians and Southern Slavs was a (partial) success. Possible ways:

- Franz Joseph died a bit earlier and the allies accepted a separate armistice with Austria-Hungary.
- The Germans were "really" defeated during WWI and made peace before A-H. (Right, that not sounds very logic)
- Kitchener' ship wasn't hit by a mine, so he survived the war and rejected the dissolution of Austria-Hungary.
- The US stayed out of the war but the allies achieved the victory in the same terms. No Fourteen Points, so no right of autodetermination granted to A-H's main ethnic groups.

For some strange reason Karl's proposition of turning Austria-Hungary into a federation of Austrians, Hungarians, Checoslovakians and Southern Slavs was a (partial) success. Possible ways:

- Franz Joseph died a bit earlier and the allies accepted a separate armistice with Austria-Hungary.
- The Germans were "really" defeated during WWI and made peace before A-H. (Right, that not sounds very logic)
- Kitchener' ship wasn't hit by a mine, so he survived the war and rejected the dissolution of Austria-Hungary.
- The US stayed out of the war but the allies achieved the victory in the same terms. No Fourteen Points, so no right of autodetermination granted to A-H's main ethnic groups.

I like the US stays out point.

America was still somewhat backward, in the International Community in my opinion. Didn't help that Wilson creates the, "League of Nations", but can't get his own country to join it.

The US stayed out of the war but the allies achieved the victory in the same terms. No Fourteen Points, so no right of autodetermination granted to A-H's main ethnic groups.

Bright day
So what about those hundreds of thousands Czechs fighting for Entente?

The empire was dead by 1916.

Am i the only one that notices independent countries in Africa and Middle East? I think map needs to be redone...

It's DIFFICULT!!!
???
And Bulgaria acquired the southern Dobruja :confused:

Bright day
So what about those hundreds of thousands Czechs fighting for Entente?

The empire was dead by 1916.

Weren't they isolated in Russia untill the bolchevisks offered them the return to their home if they surrendered?

Even in this case the Czechs would not be the only betrayed nation by the allies. Remember what happened to the Montenegrins, the Kurds, the Armenians or the Hashemites.

Weren't they isolated in Russia untill the bolchevisks offered them the return to their home if they surrendered?

Even in this case the Czechs would not be the only betrayed nation by the allies. Remember what happened to the Montenegrins, the Kurds, the Armenians or the Hashemites.

One hundred thousand of them in Russia. Ten thousand in Italy. Twenty thousand in France. Sixty thousand Czech-American volunteers who OTL never saw fight.

Washington proclamation between Czechs and Slovaks has already happened. Czech political leaders are going to go for independance- and they can only be stoped by German or Hungarian armed forces.

Also remember why really these little states were created- as a natural French ally aganist Germany. It is in the interest of France to have allies on continent.

Also remember why really these little states were created- as a natural French ally aganist Germany. It is in the interest of France to have allies on continent.

So France created Czechoslovakia in 1919 in order to have a firm ally in Central Europe but she abandone it 20 years after to the Nazis? :eek: Interesting... Now, I understand more why the Czechs call it "Western Betrayal".

So France created Czechoslovakia in 1919 in order to have a firm ally in Central Europe but she abandone it 20 years after to the Nazis? :eek: Interesting... Now, I understand more why the Czechs call it "Western Betrayal".

Look at the map. The Entente was to crush the Germany on two fronts- with Russia out of picture France needs another hammer to its anvil- enter the post-war situation, Little Entente.

I just noticed Austria has kept Istria. Maybe the Italians we less successful in this war? Maybe this is the POD, the Italians didn't manage to break the Austrians in those last battles?