Keynes' Cruisers Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has genuinely been one of the best timelines I've read on here. From Torch to Makassar, I've had so much fun. Thanks for all your time, and looking forward to what you come up with next.

Congratulations on finishing such a fantastic and unique work! I only wish I had found out about this timeline earlier, but it still amazing watching the last leg be completed.

This last snippet reminded me of how much I love oral histories. I've heard so much from audio archives and just listening to people in retirement homes. Nothing humanizes history more than listening to somebody who actively participated in it.

It also saddens me that I'm part of the last couple of generations able to hear these histories of WW2 firsthand, but alas, time marches on.

My good sir. This was brilliantly done that I feel like now I am mourning the passing a good friend who had such wonderful stories. Oh well, on to the next one, I suppose.

A true pleasure Fester, thank you for writing it. An achievement to not only write, an excellent timeline at that, but to finish it. A round of applause.

Dissertation --- can I interest you in state policy discretion and its impacts on health insurance enrollment SPRING 2024
In all honesty my wife would probably be interested - she does health care compliance/integration and the like for a podiatry group. So at least there's a tangential interest lol.

On a different note...congrats on a wonderful timeline! It was a pleasure to read along the way.

A true pleasure Fester, thank you for writing it. An achievement to not only write, an excellent timeline at that, but to finish it. A round of applause.
The finishing part was the toughest.... the last year of TTL time took the longest time to write as I could not figure out what to do all the time with the characters and converging and diverging arcs. There are still some characters I want to know more about (Anna Marie, Josh, Eleanor) .

I think what I got most wrong was the secondary European powers dynamics (Greece, Finland esp!) I think I got most of the consequences of an early US industrial mobilization mostly right plus or minus a few months.... and I am curious about what you'll think are the maps and lines of Europe in the 50s and 60s.

I think you did a great job. It can be hard to wrangle your mind about the whole world.

With the Iron Curtain's err...curtain being a bit further East the Soviets will still be a threat but they will have to be smarter as they likely have less of Europe to loot. More like the Russian Empire borders with maybe Romania.

And with China not Communist the SU has long, long land borders with which to keep an eye on, not just in Europe.

Congratulations on finishing this, and escaping the '43/'44 curse of WWII TLs running out of things to have happen, or getting overwhelmed by scope. :)

This has been a most excellent TL and extremely well considered, researched and written. Fantastic, please start something new soon....
Allan
I have too many zombie stories to start something new. The three stories below are the ones I want my head space to head towards when I am not professionally reading, researching and writing.

Alt History: ASBs are assholes (Abducted from my Bedroom)
Fanfiction.net: Child Soldiers sometimes aren't the best adjusted folks (Fellow Veterans)
Fanfiction.net: Adults should be adults when times are tough: (On the Run)

I would love to do a MacArthur SI at some point but I need to do a lot more reading to write that well enough.

Last edited:
This has been a terrifically well-written, researched, and planned tale from start to finish.

I look forward to whatever it is you may come up with next.

Status
Not open for further replies.