Hitler's relatives in Nazi Victory

Adolf Hitler had eight siblings and through them three nephews along with two nieces. He rose to power as the leader of the Nazi Party,becoming the chancellor and then dictator of Germany. Then he started WWII and committed the holocaust. He losing the war and committed suicide as a result. His first cousins along with their families was captured by USSR and died in captivity. The last of his family decided that because of the sign they've had in their ancestry, and decided that none of them would marry, none of them would have children. But What if Barbarossa succeeded reaching the A–A line and ending USSR leading to different lives for Hitler's family

An interesting question is if Hitler would have any children if the Reich won the war. Would he marry Eva Braun or keep her as a mistress?

An interesting question is if Hitler would have any children if the Reich won the war. Would he marry Eva Braun or keep her as a mistress?
I have this weird scenario in my head where he keeps her as mistress and has at least one child with her, but engineers things so that said children have no idea about their parentage, in the interest of having them work their own way up in the world the way he did. Then he picks the most successful one to claim their heritage only after they come of age.

I have this weird scenario in my head where he keeps her as mistress and has at least one child with her, but engineers things so that said children have no idea about their parentage, in the interest of having them work their own way up in the world the way he did. Then he picks the most successful one to claim their heritage only after they come of age.
That sounds like it could be the plot of some novel about political intrigue.

But in reality, the Nazis had no qualms at all about Nepotism, Göring and Bormann both placed siblings in high positions, Magda Goebbels fancied herself as a First Lady, and Hitler let his nephews get away with anything.

For instance, his reported favorite nephew was Heinz Hitler, he was a teenager when the Nazis took over and there is at least one reported incident where he used his name to get away from police trouble. Hitler also offered an exchange of prisoners with Stalin when Heinz was captured in Moscow, offering to return Stalin's son Yakov, the famous incident where Stalin refused to help out his captive son. Heinz ended up dying in captivity.

He also left pensions and money for his half-sisters, Angela and Paula, despite considering them stupid and disapproving the later's remarriage. He also moved them away from the approaching Soviet Front through Bormann in 1945.

And let's not forget William, the one who later served the US navy. William Hitler was all about landing fancy jobs through Hitler, such as one in the Reichsbank, and constantly blackmailed him about spreading embarrassing family stories if he didn't get more money.

Point here is that Hitler benefitted all his relatives through Nepotism, some more directly than others, I hardly think he would do the same to an actual child of his'.

I doubt that Hitler would marry Eva Braun in a Nazi victory scenario, even IOTL he only married her only a few hours before both of them committed suicide, I recall reading that Hitler wanted to avoid marrying anyone, in order to give a more "mythical" status to him, he believed that being publicly married to a woman would negatively impact his popular image, and diminish his appeal and popularity among German women.

Last edited:
Adolf Hitler had eight siblings and through them three nephews along with two nieces. He rose to power as the leader of the Nazi Party,becoming the chancellor and then dictator of Germany. Then he started WWII and committed the holocaust. He losing the war and committed suicide as a result. His first cousins along with their families was captured by USSR and died in captivity. The last of his family decided that because of the sign they've had in their ancestry, and decided that none of them would marry, none of them would have children. But What if Barbarossa succeeded reaching the A–A line and ending USSR leading to different lives for Hitler's family

As said above, they'd probably be in various states of wealthy entitlement and protection. Maybe a few relatives get elevated to cushy positions using their family name. Some will abuse, some will use it, some might be disgusted by it.

RE kids, my understanding also that he wasn't particularly interested in marriage or relationships. If he ever had children I cannot imagine he'd be a particularly involved or caring parent. His children would probably lead comfortable lives, but I imagine he'd be a father in the sense that Mao or Stalin were parents, distant and focused on their own goals.

Too be honest I doubt family would matter much to him beyond image or a means over leverage. My understand is he'd had a difficult upbringing and despite Nazi ideology I don't imagine he'd be anything of a family man. I don't think he'd appoint any sort of successor though his own bloodline, I imagine he'd probably disinterested in raising children, leaving it to a menagerie of staff and whoever their mother was.

Last edited:
As said above, they'd probably be in various states of wealthy entitlement and protection. Maybe a few relatives get elevated to cushy positions using their family name. Some will abuse, some will use it, some might be disgusted by it.
That's it ? I expected a Nazi equivalent of Sayyids

That's it ? I expected a Nazi equivalent of Sayyids

Hitler enforced this sort of bureaucratic Darwinism, where his underlings were pitted against each other while he held this untouchable mythical status. I believe the idea is that the cream of the crop will rise up as they wean each other out while they curried for favor from the big boss. Though this often just promoted the most craven and ruthless, with competency being a "your mileage may vary" sort of thing. The likes of Stalin and Mao had this kind of aura around themselves too.

While holding Hitler's name would probably help his relatives in Nazi Germany at a social and maybe a lower professional level, the higher political scape was built around this ruthless and warped interpretation of a meritocracy that I think even Hitler's relatives (unless they are equally savvy or ambitious) would struggle to penetrate.

In terms of him founding any sort of dynasty, I have serious doubts about that. If he was capable of having children, he'd be a very distant figure as he was obsessed with his own work. Someone put it quite nicely in a timeline, something to the effect of "the father of a nation is not a father of children". Unless some hypothetical child is able to adopt the ruthless mentality and work ethnic necessary to climb up the Nazi political ladder, they'd probably be like Stalin's children, enjoying some status as people are scared of their dad, until said dad kicks the bucket and they are just as vulnerable as anyone else. And lets be honest, Hitler would probably be a really shit father. He himself had a terrible family life and this would probably pass on resulting in his children probably being all sorts of screwed up.

Last edited: