Hitler orders all units to Berlin

Delvestius

Banned
Instead of the Ardennes Counteroffensive, what would be the consequences of Hitler ordering all remaining Wehrmacht Divisions to retreat (and as far as the Eastern Front, loot from non-Germans as they go), forming a network of entrenched defense lines in the immediate hundred miles or so of Berlin? I would Imagine S.S. battalions would be sent to hasten the final solution. Would the Allies consider using their Atomic Bomb?

Instead of the Ardennes Counteroffensive, what would be the consequences of Hitler ordering all remaining Wehrmacht Divisions to retreat (and as far as the Eastern Front, loot from non-Germans as they go), forming a network of entrenched defense lines in the immediate hundred miles or so of Berlin? I would Imagine S.S. battalions would be sent to hasten the final solution. Would the Allies consider using their Atomic Bomb?

Google 'Lair of the Fascist Beast'.

This is a pretty good view of that scenario.

The Germans hold on for a month longer at maximum and kill a few hundred thousand more Soviets. Otherwise, nothing much changes. The Western Allies have already promised Berlin to the Soviets so Eisenhower isn't going to head east from the Elbe. The Americans might take Prague before the Soviets, but that probably doesn't change much either.

I think that this would require a radical shift in the damaged cuckoo-clock workings of Grofaz's brain. He was obsessed with holding in place.

Grofaz? filler

It's a derogatory acronym (used by German soldiers ironically) for Größter Feldherr aller Zeiten, a title initially publicized by Nazi wankage to refer to Adolf Hitler during the early war years; literally, the "Greatest Field Commander of all Time".

Whole german military gets annihiliated by soviet artillery and allied aircraft and the war ends less than a week from when soviet scouts reach the german defensive perimeter.