Guess the POD

This map is based on DN's Wetter World. Although I'm not a genius at these things, I am good at maps and sketching the cultures out. Therefore, I will be posting some maps and story bits on how this world came about. You, the reader, will have to guess how this came to be. If you like my writing, tell me. This idea has promise and I aim to feed it with that reality.

Hungry.GIF

Here's more stuff if anyone is interested....

Ausgaian Calendar-

Much of their calendar dates back to the GREAT FLOOD, where many people died and so on. During that period, a couple of tribes decided to unify in the face of the folks up in the Northwest, on the account of them having better ships than they do. So, they founded a kingdom, long years of war, and they began to form a stronger kingdom with a couple of minor nobility created to counter the folks in the Northwest.

Why this matters to the calendar is that some idiot decided to found a "new" system of dating that marks time after the rule of the _Good Koineg Aekusgi_, whom unified the two halves of the Kingdom and died with his Kingdom being of a large size. Of course this sort of throws the whole notion of measured time out the window and so the calender has been reformed to the point that AF(L) means After Flood and AF ["After Foodin"] means when Aekusgi kicked the bucket.

So, to present sort of a time line that actually makes sense and pulls these two calendars into some idea of order, here is a proto-type calendar "method" as presented by the great cartographer Eskolin (the Blind), who also made the map as seen above. As one can see, his concept of geography mostly consisted of what he saw and not exactly where the boundaries are. Anyhoo- here is the "combined calender"

THE GREAT FLOOD
[200 AF]-recording of the Aran fleeing to the Aran Sound
[289-300 AF]-Wars with the Aran over the matter on who controlled the Ausgaian Sound
[350-390 AF]-Some discovery on the "Elder Scrolls", later codified into the GREAT LORE that most "Kings" consult
[400-600 AF]-Founding of the Kingdom, more wars, myth of the Ausgaian People are codified into the GREAT SAGA, in which the GREAT FLOOD is described and many people are saved through the innovation of STONE HALLS (which is a Ausgaian trademark in buildings). Later on in this period, the Arans rip them off, starting their GREAT SAGA, and causing another period of nasty wars. No progress is really made except the discovery of the Beylun in the south and the "Lazy **** Folks" to the NE [otherwise known as the Elyen]
[600-700 AF]- Trade Routes codified through signed treaties with reference to the GREAT FLOOD and how everything has changed due to the GREAT FLOOD and how lucky they are with all the water that is about them.
[760-790 AF]- Good Koineg Aekuski (forefather of Good Koineg Aekusgi) rules, with the GREAT SAGA written in the Halls of Knowledge. (as usual, the tale is very corrupted by people writing in it over time with over leanings to the Ausgaian people being "Chosen" by the Ausgaian Gods as Their People)
[800-850 AF]- Good Koineg Aekusgi rules

before implemention of "AFTER FOODIN"
[880 AF "Old Calender"]- Descendents of Good Koineg Aekusgi actually finish their survey on whether or not to implement the d_mn change.
[900 AF "Old Calender"]- The implementation of the change is actually done.

"AFTER FOODIN"
[910-920 "Old Calender"]
[yr. 60 "New Calender"]
- An actual war breaks out on how to do the mathmatics of the year change.
[930-940 "Old Calendar"]
[yr. 80 "New Calendar"]
-The mathmatics are finally solved with the merger of the "Old Calendar" and the "New Calender". This means that both systems are merged in favor of the "After Floodin" idea in which 940 years have passed since the Flood with Good Koineg Aekusgi's reign as the start of the new dating system of the "Ages" that cover about 80 to 90 years. Another 60 years is added to the idea that their descendents were "wandering the desert seas" (don't ask) and "found" Ausgaian Sound. Thus the year 1000 AF comes about.

The Aran Calander

The Aran Calender is relatively simple compared to the Ausgaian version. It's pretty much centered around seasons as well as the currents of the Aran Sea. While it does have the myth of that there was a Great Flood (many years ago), it isn't used for political gain. Rather, it's an historical event and that's it.

The Nordau Calender

It's virtually the same thing although The Great Flood is in more detail. In their version- the Great Flood was with ice and snow. There are also glaciers within this Great Flood with only the grace of God that people were saved.