Great Northern War with Karl XI in change?

In the real world Karl XI died of cancer leaving his young son, Karl XII, in charge of the soon to be at war empire. Based on what we know about Karl XI and Karl XII's respective styles, if the war still begins in roughly the same way, how do you think Karl XI would handle the war? What would the results be?

In the real world Karl XI died of cancer leaving his young son, Karl XII, in charge of the soon to be at war empire. Based on what we know about Karl XI and Karl XII's respective styles, if the war still begins in roughly the same way, how do you think Karl XI would handle the war? What would the results be?
I think it's interesting partially because in an absolute monarchy the monarch in charge will have a large impact and also because it gives us a way to explore the war without all the mythmaking that has been dedicated to Karl XII

The “great” war may not even start: one of the main assumption behind the formed alliance was that CXII is young and inexperienced.

The “great” war may not even start: one of the main assumption behind the formed alliance was that CXII is young and inexperienced.
I'm aware, that's why I included the bit about if the war still began in a roughly similar manner. I'm aware it very well might not have. I do however believe the war would likely beging anyway, the different parts of the conflict will still have largely the same motives.