Francis I marries Renee

Got this idea from "Now blooms the Tudor Rose". Renee, the younger sister of Anne of Brittany marries Francis, the presumed heir of her father Loius VIII instead of her sister Anne. Renee was an outspoken Protestant sympathizer. With a Protestant wife and sister, Margaret of Navarre, would Francis be swayed further towards protecting the Reformation?

Why? He was already engaged to Claude, the eldest daughter of Louis XII and Anne. She was the intended heir. Marriage to Renée would change anything. Plus it'd require some wait, 1523, 1524 at the earliest.

Yes, but she was born in 1510, so any marriage would e delayed. And because of butterflies, we don't know if she'd even become as enamored with Protestants. I don't think it'd majorly change Francis' attitude. He had no issue with Protestants before the affair of the placards. Likely is that he is initially sympathetic and once something similar to the affair happens, Francis cracks down on them. Renee is forced to quit her flirtation with the new faith or has to do it more privately.

I imagine Renee's new position could change the placards incident or one like it. She woyd probably be the most influential protestant in France. Is it possible that she might coopt the leadership of the movement in France, and be in a better position to keep the movement on the good side of Francis? At least keep something like the placards event from scaring Francis away from tolerance.

If you take for granted she produces a surviving heir and outlives Francis, what are the effects farther afield with a nominally catholic, but protestant friendly France with Renee as queen? maybe better relations with England?