For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

An argument could be made that Ed and his crew were the first to get into orbit using an SSTO vehicle in the form of Pathfinder (launching from a plane is a valid SSTO method). But I am sure that wouldn't please him considering he or anybody ever mentions it.

An argument could be made that Ed and his crew were the first to get into orbit using an SSTO vehicle in the form of Pathfinder (launching from a plane is a valid SSTO method). But I am sure that wouldn't please him considering he or anybody ever mentions it.
Nah, the plane is the first stage

Well one first for Ed was that he fired the first shot in the first space combat between different space ships (though of course he blew up his own rocket!)

So, am I the only one thinking Dev is going to
Die on Mars
cause boy howdy am I getting a lot of those vibes.

Wouldn't be shocked if
he's already dying
but that it combined with who else is going to Mars will lead to basically a major change in the state of ownership of Helios's property on Mars.

Also, can not fucking wait for the Margo/Aleida shit that you know is coming in the next episode.

So, am I the only one thinking Dev is going to
Die on Mars
cause boy howdy am I getting a lot of those vibes.

Wouldn't be shocked if
he's already dying
but that it combined with who else is going to Mars will lead to basically a major change in the state of ownership of Helios's property on Mars.

Also, can not fucking wait for the Margo/Aleida shit that you know is coming in the next episode.
I wonder what next episodes have stored for
Alex.

I mean, bring a kid on Mars is dangerous, but after all he was conceived there. And wouldn't Dev make him a star, a 'kid astronaut' to further his plans.

I wonder what next episodes have stored for
Alex.

I mean, bring a kid on Mars is dangerous, but after all he was conceived there. And wouldn't Dev make him a star, a 'kid astronaut' to further his plans.
I suspect that something is going to happen and Alex isn't going to be able to leave. Either that or the presence of his grandson in the base combined with something going wrong (we still haven't seen the explosion from the trailer) is what leads to Ed doing a Stevens and allowing himself to die to save people.

Or and I preface this with a big helping of "unlikely to happen" the show sets it up that Ed is going to sacrifice himself, but he ultimately shows his inherent cowardice and it leads to Danielle dying to save everyone and Ed having to return to Earth, alone, in his last days.

I hope Aleida and Margo don't meet in Russia, thats a bit obvious. It'd be funnier if they just miss each other a couple of times.

I suspect that something is going to happen and Alex isn't going to be able to leave. Either that or the presence of his grandson in the base combined with something going wrong (we still haven't seen the explosion from the trailer) is what leads to Ed doing a Stevens and allowing himself to die to save people.

Or and I preface this with a big helping of "unlikely to happen" the show sets it up that Ed is going to sacrifice himself, but he ultimately shows his inherent cowardice and it leads to Danielle dying to save everyone and Ed having to return to Earth, alone, in his last days.
Ed is many things. A coward he is not. He flew a barely functioning vehicle with little chance of surviving to ensure that Alex would even be born.

I hope Aleida and Margo don't meet in Russia, thats a bit obvious. It'd be funnier if they just miss each other a couple of times.
Or if they meet... sort of. Margo watches her former protege from a hidden place, but is not allowed to contact her in any way.
Kinda black comedy, but I pointed out to a friend I was watching the last episode with, that Ed won't even be the first person to die on Mars.
The first human to die on Mars was a North Korean astronaut (the other survived); then there were those killed in the drilling accident.
I bet Pravetz is still going pretty strong in this world. I feel like there would be a danger of them getting outcompeted by the Western computer industry when the Soviets opened themselves up to the global economy. Then again OTL China has a strong computer industry with Lenovo, Xiaomi, and the like, so I dunno.
Not that it's isn't realistic, but I can't help but notice that the OS language problem only exists because the Soviet crew can all speak good English while most of the American crew can't be bothered to learn Russian.
TBF, English is much easier than Russian and there are people from other countries as well: from Western Europe, India and Japan. All of them probably already speak English and can read Latin alphabet, while only the Soviets and people from communist states speak Russian. And in COMECON only USSR and Bulgaria used Cyrylic alphabet.

They kind of have to meet though, and it would be a good cathartic reunion scene to have both Margo and Aleida finally have someone to open up to about each of their respective traumas, at least for a little bit. I do hope that comes later in the episode though, maybe with them just missing each other earlier on.

Dev seemingly just has a low enough opinion of most humans and society at this point that he doesn't see any reason to stay on Earth among it (every once in a while he reminds us that he's partly based on Elon Musk, including the bad parts). I don't think he's already dying; if he was I'm guessing we'd have been getting hints of him having health problems the way we do with Ed (one thing I've learned through watching 3.5 seasons of this show is that it never wastes a line; if they drop a line or a hint it'll always mean something later on). Somehow I think he'll draw the ire of some angry workers up there.

Speaking of health problems, I think they hit a nice middle ground by going with the idea that Martianborn kids can live on Earth, though it is harder for them than for Earthborn ones (with a weaker circulatory and muscular system, all problems that could easily arise from living in stronger gravity than one is used to, but still not insurmountable by any means; there's plenty of Earthborn people living with similar issues). Before I was wondering if they were really just going to never address it and we could assume he can live a normal life on Earth, or if he'd start showing really serious health problems, and gets told he can't survive on Earth in the long term and needs to live on Mars.

Haven't watched much of the first episode but from what I've watched, it really supports my theory that

Of course the Happy Valley higher-ups knew about Ilya's bar and contraband running operation and chose to turn a blind eye to let it act as a pressure valve for the Helios workforce.

Haven't watched much of the first episode but from what I've watched, it really supports my theory that

Of course the Happy Valley higher-ups knew about Ilya's bar and contraband running operation and chose to turn a blind eye to let it act as a pressure valve for the Helios workforce.
I think Ed explained why they would know. Anywhere else they'll have served such things go on.

Definitely the most enjoyable episode so far for Season 4. All the plotlines are really kicking and all of them hit satisfying highs in this episode. Margo and Aleida's was almost as a tense spy thriller with the necessary emotion by the actresses to pull of their reunion well. Miles utilizing the North Koreans to get the upper hand was also surprising, in a good way. Ed's story was definitely my favourite. He pulled one of those classic Ed turnarounds, salvaging the situation when he is at his worst and it showcased his more "father to his men" charismatic side.

I also enjoyed the politicking around the asteroid. I have to admit that the show did a good job to establish how these people would come to work together against the interest of their nations and company. The loss of jobs and bonuses by the asteroid going to Earth is the last straw, the time they get fucked up beyond repair and with a push from a figure that all of them (begrudgingly for some) respect is what ultimately unifies them. All in all, we're in for a very promising last leg of the Season.

Last edited:
Soviet Union will be in an interesting position if Helios workers go on strike. I mean, the Soviets are still formally communists, their country a paradise of workers. How can they exactly stand against workers fighting for their rights against capitalist oppressors? OTOH it might increase the cost of the whole Goldilocks operation and USSR will not be happy about that.
And do I get the vibes of Red Faction here?

Soviet Union will be in an interesting position if Helios workers go on strike. I mean, the Soviets are still formally communists, their country a paradise of workers. How can they exactly stand against workers fighting for their rights against capitalist oppressors? OTOH it might increase the cost of the whole Goldilocks operation and USSR will not be happy about that.

The United States were born from a Revolution as well