Fixing Wikipedia's Bad Cartography: A Collaborative Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us use Wikipedia to some extent, especially so in the Maps & Graphics sub-forum where Altenate Wikiboxes are a popular form of expression. But even outside of this sub-forum, Wikipedia is where most of us go* whenever we need quick information on a myriad of historical issues we go on to discuss throughout the entire forum. And yet, Wikipedia is almost 20 years old now and now boasts over 53M total articles (+6M English articles). In articles old or new, the maps we and the public use to guide our understanding of various subjects are oftentimes outdated, in poor quality, or simply inaccurate.

And that's where this project comes in. If you find a Wiki article with a bad map, post it here! The goal is to catalog articles with bad maps and to *replace* them with better maps. Nothing more, nothing less.

* I am making an assumption here, but I feel confident in making it.

This project is meant to be entirely collaborative and I do not claim to be the overseer. If anyone has suggestions, thoughts, concerns, share them! Also, for the purpose of getting a thread started I chose an arbitrary project name (Fixing Wikipedia's Bad Cartography), but by no means is this meant to be final. If anyone thinks of a better name, do tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.