Familiar, and yet different...

Hello all. You'll find the map similar to ours yet with a few 'improvements.'
There's more than one change to the TL, but both fall after WWII and the Allies are victorious.

europeoutline.PNG

it seems like the allies let germany keep austria and the sudetenland, this would tick off the austrians for sure.....

Xen

Banned
Condottiero said:
And Turkey has lost Istanbul while keeping Bulgaria?!?!?

No it didn't. It did lose Istanbul for whatever reason (did the Turks join the Axis?) But Bulgaria is a different shade of green, not by much but it looks slightly darker.

After 1945, the Western Allies fight with Germany against the Soviet block and win thanks to the A-bomb. But which POTUS could try such a plan? Germany was pretty exhausted anyway...

Chingo360 said:
it seems like the allies let germany keep austria and the sudetenland, this would tick off the austrians for sure.....

I thought a lot of Austrians WANTED the Anschluss.

I figure Germany keeping Sudetenland would PO the Czechs.

After having had the nazis for seven years around, who wanted to eradicate every remembrance of independent Austria, the Austrians started to like their independence.

Max Sinister said:
After having had the nazis for seven years around, who wanted to eradicate every remembrance of independent Austria, the Austrians started to like their independence.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Allies told the Austrians during the war that their behavior would make the difference in how the Allies treated Austria after the war: as Hitler's first conquest or a willing part of the 3rd Reich. So, the Allies decide that the Austrians are just a wee bit too cooperative with the Germans. The Allies decide to keep the German speaking parts together as much as possible, so the Sudeten stays in the Reich to prevent Czech retaliation. But there are other changes post war...

Chingo360 said:
I just realized something, why does Finland own Estonia?

As pointed out the colours are different, but the two states do share very strong cultural ties as two of the three Finno-Ugric states in Europe. If not for the lack of a contigious border a union between the two could be within the realm of possibility.