Europa Universalis III

Damn. I need to make Cologne vote for me as Emperor... i have 200 in relationship, they are in my sphere of influence, but they won't ally with me or vote for me... any tip?

Grow in size, cut your competitors down in size or vassalize Cologne by force.

Damn. I need to make Cologne vote for me as Emperor... i have 200 in relationship, they are in my sphere of influence, but they won't ally with me or vote for me... any tip?

Send 3 insults and declare war. Then vassalise and spend money on improving the relations between your nations.

I've seen that happen in the short term. They never manage to maintain it. In fact, in the game I was talking about with an Islamic Wales, Scotland jumped on England while it was down and took two provinces. They went to war again later and make England release Cornwall, which they subsequently vassalized. About a decade later (after they dealt with the Morrocan-Welsh infidels of course) England took the two provinces back. Cornwall is still a Scottish vasssal though. I expect that to end as soon as the truce expires and England declares war again.
Maybe in yours but in mine for now there is no more England just Scotland.

Playing as Norway, I've managed to unite Scandinavia. Several Russian holdings, the entire Baltic coastline is mine except for two Teutonic provinces and the Hansa. Inherited Gelre. I have several contintental vassals, amongst others Oldenburg, Friesland, Silesia and Baden . Integrated Scotland after a long personal union, peacefully annnexed the two north-western Irish provinces. Munster and Leinster are my vassals, as are Northumberland, Wales and Cornwall, all freed from a very weak England.

In continental Europe, it remains "roughly OTL", so to speak. Most major difference that Burgundy, thanks to me freeing Flanders, is reduced to one province.

Thanks to my involvement down in Turkey, Bysantium lives and holds most of Greece. The Ottomans and Mamluks are severly weakened, with many Turkish provinces and all Mamluk coastal provinces in the hands of Castille, except for Jerusalem and Gaza - which belongs to Hungary (!). Northern Africa is completely divided between Castille, Portugal and Venice.

My only colonies are the island of Madagascar and a conquered Ceylon. The colonial race has been utterly crushed for some reason, with only a few Castillian and Portugese colonies.

This game is fun. :D

Grow in size, cut your competitors down in size or vassalize Cologne by force.

Send 3 insults and declare war. Then vassalise and spend money on improving the relations between your nations.

It's going to be a bloody, long war... they're allied with Bohemia, the bastards... but if i manage to get Hungary by my side, it's gonna be a blitzkrieg.

Playing as Norway, I've managed to unite Scandinavia. Several Russian holdings, the entire Baltic coastline is mine except for two Teutonic provinces and the Hansa. Inherited Gelre. I have several contintental vassals, amongst others Oldenburg, Friesland, Silesia and Baden . Integrated Scotland after a long personal union, peacefully annnexed the two north-western Irish provinces. Munster and Leinster are my vassals, as are Northumberland, Wales and Cornwall, all freed from a very weak England.

In continental Europe, it remains "roughly OTL", so to speak. Most major difference that Burgundy, thanks to me freeing Flanders, is reduced to one province.

Thanks to my involvement down in Turkey, Bysantium lives and holds most of Greece. The Ottomans and Mamluks are severly weakened, with many Turkish provinces and all Mamluk coastal provinces in the hands of Castille, except for Jerusalem and Gaza - which belongs to Hungary (!). Northern Africa is completely divided between Castille, Portugal and Venice.

My only colonies are the island of Madagascar and a conquered Ceylon. The colonial race has been utterly crushed for some reason, with only a few Castillian and Portugese colonies.

This game is fun. :D
I find my self congradtulating you! I consistently find my self playing as one of the scandinavian countries, always fun looks like your doing pretty good what year are you at?

In my game im playing as denmark and united scandinavia by mid 1500s, have the whole baltic and most of lithuania under my control as well as vasselizing all the petty princedoms and kingdoms between me and france which its self is pretty weak, however i got my ass kicked by a combined coalaltion of france,england,castille(rather small as aragon is more powerful) and portugal(strongest nation in the game with all of OTL america colonized,brazil, most of india and they took korea)

I'm somewhere in the early years of the 1500's, can't remember the exact date. It took quite a while to get this far. :D

It's going to be a bloody, long war... they're allied with Bohemia, the bastards... but if i manage to get Hungary by my side, it's gonna be a blitzkrieg.

Otherwise, remember that atrrition is your friend, if you use the Divine Wind patch you can actually see the attrition values for provinces, so you can lure the AI into attrition heavy provinces.

My Novgorod -> Russia game, Castille controlls the entire catholic Middle East and Arabia and that is none of my doing.

It's annoying isnt it. They have little to no colonies, but instead decide to crusade their way through Muslim territories... In my France game this has lead me to exile them into Africa while the Iberian peninsuala is now culturally French :D

Beer

Banned
Hi! EU3 is a top game. I play Divine Wind at the moment as the Palatinate, trying to get as far as possible with this relative small country. I play two games in parallel to view the differences and I have to say luck is an important factor. Game 1 is going ok, but Game 2 has (for now, but hopefully going on for while) the biggest streak of luck in the early stage of a Paradox Game (I have the HoIs, Vic 1+2, Crusader Kings as well) in YEARS.

I´m in 1423 and beside my three start provinces I have Metz, Oberpfalz reconquered through "core" missions, inherited Hessen, Nassau, Kassel after a personal union, hold Pressburg and Vorpommern (as Metz, Oberpfalz the result of a strategic DoW, when the bigger states where commited somewhere else:D) and Baden, Württemberg, Würzburg and Oldenburg as vassals. Quite a beginning, I think! But while my strategic decisions made it so, the luck factor through nice events is there as well.

Seldrin

Banned
I thought I'd try my hand at converting my game to UCS.
This is a rough approximation of what I believe my EU3 game will look like in the year 1900, please note that aside from central asia, central europe and africa the majority of these borders have remained the same as when the game ended in 1820. Also, the only nation I overtly helped during the game was Byzantium, which would have otherwise been crushed.

1900approx.png

It's annoying isnt it. They have little to no colonies, but instead decide to crusade their way through Muslim territories... In my France game this has lead me to exile them into Africa while the Iberian peninsuala is now culturally French :D

Get MEIOU... it cuts the ASBage down by a notch. No Spaniards in Africa, no blobby France, plausible wars etcetera. You still get cute ahistorical gems though: in my current game, Hungary has almost entirely conquered Austria instead of being the other way around, and now it has HRE territories with the HRE still having OTL borders. And, there's the WikiDuo too: Poland has slaughtered the once-almighty Teutonic Order a while ago, gaining the HRE territory of Ostpreussen, and Cilicia (culturally Armenian, religiously Sunni) is present. Castille has colonized the Balearics though, but that's just as OTL.

PS: I have found an editable blank map of MEIOU with provinces, if there's enough demand here i'll post it in the Blank Map Thread.

Otherwise, remember that atrrition is your friend, if you use the Divine Wind patch you can actually see the attrition values for provinces, so you can lure the AI into attrition heavy provinces.

I succeeded in vassalizing Cologne. Conquering them was a joke, but the war between Hungary and Bohemia ended at the worst moment possible, so i had to white-peace them before they could slaughter my remaining forces. However, a pretender took advantage of the situation and managed to overthrow the Visconti dynasty. The Kingdom of Milan* is now ruled by Sforza I Sfondrati.

*By conquering Veneto, i pleased the Emperor adding that province to the HRE, so he granted me the promotion to Principality and then to Kingdom.

sorry for the double post

PS: I have found an editable blank map of MEIOU with provinces, if there's enough demand here i'll post it in the Blank Map Thread.

If you could post that would be amazing. I have always wanted to find a blank map of the MEIOU but I could never find it.

Well, I've decided to try out MEIOU, so I'm downloading the latest patch for Divine Wind. However, since I'm kind of an idiot about mucking around with files on games like this, I want to ask: What is the correct procedure for installing an EUIII patch? (Counter-intuitively, I do know how to install mods for EUIII, since I've tried out Ofaloaf's mod several times before he switched it to MEIOU.)

Please do post it. Me want. :D

Last edited:
Hm. I actually seem to be having some trouble downloading. Can anyone tell me a good place to download the latest patch for Divine Wind?