Empires under the Sun - Warning: Slow updates

Sorry, Russo-Persian war is pretty much the same as OTL (so no surprises), it only starts a bit later due to the Ottoman problem.

Several issues:

The proclaimed Kingdom of Serbia on that map isn't the one you described. And it would be crazy for the Serbs to get on Austria's bad side by claiming some of its territory.

It's Moldavia, not Moravia.

I'd expect the Russians to keep Wallachia and Moldavia separate. Divide et impera.

Why a Duchy of Serbia, and not just a principality like in OTL?

Serbia was already autonomous.

Several issues:
The proclaimed Kingdom of Serbia on that map isn't the one you described.
Maybe I should have written "Greater Serbia" in the list of territories. I missed Dalmatia, obviously.
That should teach me to recheck what I wrote when making maps.:(

And it would be crazy for the Serbs to get on Austria's bad side by claiming some of its territory.
Yes, but it is revolutionary propaganda which is inherently irrational.

It's Moldavia, not Moravia.
You are right. For some odd reason I always mix them up.

I'd expect the Russians to keep Wallachia and Moldavia separate. Divide et impera.
Yes, but the Tsar at this point is deeply disappointed and uniterested in the whole affair. That coupled with not so competent Russian diplomats assure this situation (it's a deliberate British coocoo's egg).

Why a Duchy of Serbia, and not just a principality like in OTL?
That comment made me recheck "principality". It seems I was mistaken in what it means in English. Consider that corrected, if I could edit my post.

Serbia was already autonomous.
Autonomous, but not independant. OTL they gained independance 1878, TTL they are a couple of decades early.

* 4 January - France: The Vicomte de Martignac succeeds the Comte de Villèle as Prime Minister of France.
* 11 April - Foundation of Bahia Blanca
* 26 May - Feral child: Kaspar Hauser is discovered in Nuremberg, Germany.
* 23 June - Portugal: King Miguel I overthrows his niece Queen Maria II, beginning the Liberal Wars.
* 27 August - South America: Brazil and Argentina recognize the independence of Uruguay.
* 3 December - U.S. presidential election: Andrew Jackson is elected President of the United States.
* Science: Friedrich Wöhler synthesizes Urea, disproving a cornerstone of vitalism.
* Treaty of Turkamanchai: Russia captures Eastern Armenia from Persia.

* 19 January - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust premieres.
* 4 March - USA: Andrew Jackson succeeds John Quincy Adams as the President of the United States of America.
* 12 March - First Oxford and Cambridge boat race held on the River Thames in London.
* 1 June - The Philadelphia Inquirer is founded as The Pennsylvania Inquirer.
* 3 June - The Swan River Colony (later to become the cities of Perth and Fremantle) is founded in Western Australia. This secures the western 'third' of the Australian landmass for the British.
* 5 June - Slave trade: HMS Pickle captures the armed slave ship Voladora off the coast of Cuba.
* 10 June - Oxford University Boat Club win the very first boat race.
* 11 June - June Uprising of Belgian separatists in the Netherlands.
* 19 June - June Uprisings end as king William I. promises less Dutchification and more freedom.
* 23 July - In the United States, William Burt obtains the first patent for a writing mechanism.
* 8 August - France: The Prince de Polignac succeeds the Vicomte de Martignac as Prime Minister of France.
* 1 October - South Africa: University of Cape Town founded.
* 8 October - Rail transport: The Rocket wins The Rainhill Trials.
* 17 October - Hooded man assassinates Kaspar Hauser
* 4 December - India: In the face of fierce opposition, British Lord William Bentinck carries a regulation declaring that all who abetted suttee in India were guilty of culpable homicide.

* 6 April - Founding of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Fayette, New York by Joseph Smith, Jr. and five others.
* 13 May - Ecuador separates from Gran Colombia.
* 28 May - US congress passes the Indian Removal Act
* 26 June - William IV succeeds George IV as King of the United Kingdom.
* 6 July - France invades Algeria over the banana affair.
* 17 July - Barthélemy Thimonnier is granted a patent (#7454) for a sewing machine in France. It chains stitches at 200/minute.
* 18 July - Uruguay adopts its first constitution.
* 27 July - France: Begin of the July Revolution.
* 9 August - France: Louis Philippe becomes King of the French.
* 13 August - France: Duc de Broglie becomes Prime Minister.
* 31 August - Edwin Beard Budding is granted a patent for the invention of lawnmower.
* 15 September - Liverpool and Manchester Railway opened (world's first intercity passenger railway operated solely by steam locomotives).
* 1 October - Dissatisfaction with the (although in many parts fulfilled) promises of the king spark the Belgian Revolution
* 4 October - The Provisional Government in Brussels declares the creation of the independent state of Belgium, in revolt against the government of the Netherlands.
* 2 November - France: Jacques Laffitte succeeds the Duc de Broglie as Prime Minister
* 8 November - Ferdinand II becomes King of the Two Sicilies
* 22 November - The Whig Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey succeeds Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
* 29 November - Beginning of a major Polish insurrection in Warsaw against Russian rule.
* 5 December - World premiere of Hector Berlioz's most famous work, Symphonie Phantastique, in Paris.
* 20 December - Recognition of the Independence of Belgium by the Great Powers.

* February-March - Revolts in Modena, Parma and the Papal States are put down by Austrian troops.
* 14 February - Ras Marye of Yejju marches into Tigray and defeats and kills the warlord Sabagadis in the Battle of Debre Abbay.
* 20 February - Battle of Grochow. Polish rebel forces divide a Russian army.
* 10 March - French Foreign Legion founded.
* 29 March - The Great Bosnian uprising
* 1 April - American President Andrew Jackson dies. John C. Calhoun becomes the new president.
* 7 April - Pedro I of Brazil abdicates as emperor of Brazil in favor of his son Pedro II of Brazil.
* 26 May - Battle of Ostroleka. The Poles fight another indecisive battle.
* 21 July - Inauguration of Léopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgians.
* 10 August - Dutch invasion of Belgium. It is repelled by a French army (seven-day campaign).
* 21 August - USA: Outbreak of Nat Turner's slave rebellion in Southampton County, Virginia.
* 6 September- Battle of Warsaw - The Russians take the Polish capital and crush resistance.
* 27 December - Charles Darwin embarks on his historic journey aboard the HMS Beagle.

Reading back, I think you may need to go through some more gymnastics to get a pro-Ottoman British policy at this point. The British upper classes wer both pro-Hellenic and virulently racist against "the Turk". Later on after they've been effectively expelled from Europe matters might be different, but an Ottoman Empire with control of Greece and the "Greek" islands is against British strategic interests as well as offending the British body politic on a visceral level.

What do you suggest as solution? I had so far:
- no Greek revolution
- a disillousioned Byron
- an Alawite Empire

[color="Red] * January 7 - Nicholas I of Russia succeeds his older brother Alexander I.
* Decembrist Revolt in Russia (sometimes called Januarist by western historians because of the different calendars).[/color]

What is different about this?