DBWI : Need help for a report on the Carthaginian Civil War.

Apologies gentlemen, usually I do not go over the scrynet *like a scrying orb, this time line's version of the internet* asking for help, but most connections are down except to this historical discussion site, so I thought you could all give me some unique points of view. I have the basics how about Hannibal's grandson Hasarus was centralizing power and determined to destroy the last of the "old guard" and create a new more efficient bureaucracy. As you all know his Grandfather had secured the entirety of Italy south of the Cannae River *Po River renamed in this time line* and had united the Latin Leauge into the Carthaginian Senate. This coupled with Northern Iberia and Cyrene were loyal to the senate as well as parts of Numidia, while the hinterlands of Carthage , Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, as well as the recently liberated Phonecian Homeland from the Selecuids and Egyptians who had exhausted themselves fighting one another, were all in favour of a more centralized order.

So basically I know it was Cyrene, Italy, Northern Iberia, and Numidia vs Carthage Proper, Southern Iberia, Sicily, Phonecia, and every other Island Fortress of Carthage. What I need help with are detailed accounts of the tactical battles and diplomatic in-fighting within the senate that led to their downfall to Hasarus.

Any help is appreciated!

You're talking about the 1st Great Carthagian Civil War, right?? Well, not really my field, but weren't Armenian mercenaries quite important??

Grey Wolf

Donor
Don't forget the women !

The Power Behind The Shield. . .

Actually, I know bugger all about Carthaginian women, including any possible names, I just know that they would be important and as is said on the tomb of Sigurd The Great
"Behind every great man is a woman wiping his ass"

Some lags changed it to swiping one night, but the Gothic Police erased the defacement

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

For the tactical side, you might find the better sources to be the "outsiders" such as the Greeks (Polybius comes to mind) or the Latin expats such as Publius Cornelius Scipio. I don't know where to point you for sources on the internal strife.

Thanks.

I will also look into the Armenian mercenaries and the Selecuid Remnants as I know that those 2 under the Banner of Pontus were quite eager to take the Phonecian homeland.