Empress Theresa by Norman Boutin has emerged as one of the biggest novels since the Harry Potter franchise by J.K. Rowling. It has been adapted into a film starring Scarlett Johanson, and turned into a TV series by Netflix, and all in the space of 7 years since its publication in November 2014. As such, what kind of dystopian world would we have in the absence of Boutin's self-published novel.?

Empress Theresa by Norman Boutin has emerged as one of the biggest novels since the Harry Potter franchise by J.K. Rowling. It has been adapted into a film starring Scarlett Johanson, and turned into a TV series by Netflix, and all in the space of 7 years since its publication in November 2014. As such, what kind of dystopian world would we have in the absence of Boutin's self-published novel.?

one where we cant laugh at empress theresa for being the room of the book world.

they wanted to be the next boutin

but they failed to realize boutin has a special mind that only a few great people have

like tommy wiseau
Well, the magic and talent that was Boutin and Wiseau certainly kicked off the 21st century entertainment industry with a bang. Can anyone imagine anyone else than wiseau as the Joker in the Dark Knight trilogy?

Well, the magic and talent that was Boutin and Wiseau certainly kicked off the 21st century entertainment industry with a bang. Can anyone imagine anyone else than wiseau as the Joker in the Dark Knight trilogy?
who would have thought that putting a super awkward european would have made the perfect role for joker.

But the accent, odd manerisms and overall weirdness of his character fit.

I wouldn't know, to be honest this is the first I've heard of it.
Consider that Empress Theresa has affected pop culture many different ways since its publication. I would be surprised if you haven't seen or heard some of these influences before...

We never see a rise in works of ironic, deadpan satire and Andy Kaufmen-esque public performances by authors, directors and other such creative types.

This is probably a good thing in retrospect. Norman Boutin pulled it off, but his countless imitators really wore thin.

(ooc: yeah i saw that and that video was one of the reasons i made the comment)

yeah i remember this, it blew up in the internet and made hollywood consider him for the joker role
I certainly remember the huge fight when it became a choice between Tommy Wiseau and Heath Ledger. It was then , that comic book films were seen as being respectable...

But back on topic, the book Empress Theresa is being seen as a major win for feminist who saw the novel being "body-shamed" and "slut shamed" over its main character, who for all intents and purposes is a heavyset teen, and yet she eludes the U.S. military throughout the novel...

OOC: So what are some other, objectively bad novels, films, and TV should be elevated in the ATL?

Also consider the idea that the works mentioned are "repaired":

IC: In the meantime, is anyone going to subscribe to Apple+ when the Dominion of the Draka series, based on the novels by S.M. Stirling, starts streaming?

Seriously i know Apple is desperate as everyone else got all the big names...but really?
Yes, but we all are at least a little curious as to how faithful the series will be to the book series, if only because of the members of the alt-right who have co-opted much of the imagery, including the Draka flags at political rallies.